Fish Gear

priapism

I've seen a few posts in the past about cam repair, and I'd thought I'd share my recent experience with Fish.

Back in May, I sent Fish two cams for trigger wire repair, and ordered a couple small items at the same time.

Six weeks later (late June) I sent them an e-mail to check on the status of the order. After 4 days, I got a reply that the guy who does the repairs was on vacation (apparently only one guy does it), but they'd be done soon. Ok, no problem, it's summer; I understand.

Two weeks later, I get a package. Sweet, my order. Open it up, hmmm, someone else's order. Call fish. Sorry we mixed up the orders, we'll have you mail that order back to it's rightful recipient, and when yours shows up, she'll mail you yours. Seems they couldn't figure out how to have me send it on Fishs' account, so I volunteered to mail it at my expense (2 day priority, because the other gal needed it soon) and they'll send me a check. That's cool, I'll help them out.

One week later, no check, and my package hasn't been found yet. I send an e-mail to Russ Walling (owner) asking what's up, and how long am I to wait for my stuff, as it's been over 2 months now, and supposedly it was shipped weeks ago. Got a really sarcastic reply (funny yes, but not at the time) saying tough shit, you'll just have to wait. Now I'm beginning to get a little pissed, not because I don't have me stuff, but how it's being handled.

A couple days later (July 19th), they say they found my stuff, and are sending it to me (as well as the check for shipping).

As of Wednesday the 28th, still no order and no check, so I sent them another e-mail to check on the status. Response: It was sent third party, it's out of our hands, "case closed" was their quote. Hmmm, I think I'll consider it closed when I get my stuff, thanks....

I did get it the next day, but by then it didn't matter taht much to me. I was never upset that the packages got mixed up (even though mine had the other customers name written on it), as that stuff happens, but the way they handled the whole deal was pretty rotten. Just the gesture of not sending the reimbursement check for the shipping (that I went out of my way to do, and didn't have to) for 2 weeks says it all.

Anyway, just my cautionary tale. I'd be curious to know what others experiences have been. I ordered some stuff from them many years ago, and got it no prob, so maybe they were just having a bad day. Again, I could care less they lost it, just how they responded when they did....

thumbs_down.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tex, look under "wire rope" in the Yellow Pages. There is a place in NW PDX where I got my swager, cable, sleeves etc. Some big industrial supply shop right by the river, can't remember the name. The only issue with them is that you have to buy the sleeves in bulk..like 50 minimum I think. The tiny swages for triggers would be way cheap though.

Most swagers people use to make heads stop about one size short of what you would need for triggers. You could probably get one that will do trigger wire size up to about a #2 head for $150. Otherwise a small one with just those smallest sizes can probably be had for $50.

I've bought stuff from Fish a couple of times. Never any problem: fast, friendly and personable. As a matter fo fact, on a duffel I ordered they called me to find out what colors I wanted. A few years later I sent it back for repairs--which they did gratis. Its been over a year since I did any bidness with Mssr. Walling but I never had any problems whatsoever.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Perhaps he has a shitty employee? Its a pretty small shop. Still no excuse for that kind of service though.

His website has lots of useful information on it.