Worst picture taken OF you.

CascadeClimber

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably not the worst picture of me I have but the worst one in my photobucket account for sure.

Puke.jpg

Nice. What fire was that on, and are you wearing an entiat shots shirt?

Ill have to dig up some pics of milk challenges from fire seasons past.

I don't remember what fire that was, my first with the Bushmen, somewhere in SE Oregon outside of Lakeview and like a good n00b was convinced I could crush the 4.4.40.

I was obviously wrong, that's quart #3 in my hands. $600 and the keys to a cherry lime green el camino on the line and I couldn't get r dun.

Ahh, the bushmen. I thought those nomex pants looked a bit old school. Ive never seen anyone pull off the 4-4-40 nor the milk challenge. Fun watching folks try though.

Yeah, they didn't really let us call ourselves the bushmen when I was on the crew, backlash against too many years of caveman cock wrapped hard hats.

I've never seen anyone finish the 4-4-40 or the milk challenge either. I did watch a 6'8" 300# BIA crewmember put the fear of god into us one day tho, we had about 6 grand and a couple sets of keys in the pot and he pounded the first three quarts in under 2 minutes. Poor planning did him in, as he didn't have anyone handing him his quarts and he had to bend over and grab the 4th quart, which immediately led to projectiling. With proper coaching, he's a contender.

Old style 32-34's, pulled from the old bushmen cache during inventory, along with a matching yellow top. The new style stuff was pure evil, designed to make hell unenjoyable.

I'm impressed with your knowledge of IRC shirts.

Yeah, I was on Baker River IHC for a number of seasons. My wife was on Entiat IHC. We met on a helispot.

I agree, the old nomex was quite a bit more comfy. We also had some pretty crazy pots put together for the milk challenge. Three shot crews spiked out, 60 people, each of whom threw in no less than $100. I think its about pace, but Im pretty sure the body simply cant process whole milk fast enough. One of my buddies even lined up all of his 1/2pints next to the fire, thinking warm milk would move through faster. Definitely curdled faster.

Definitely curdled faster.

omg.

Know my buddy Morgan Pierre? He did a stint on Bacon Liver, I don't think he was well received. Anti-Authoritorian and all.

This would have been mid to late 90's.

At Memaloose above Hells Canyon some Ops chief thought it'd be a good idea to give all the line crews a day off in camp. Boredom set in and a couple of us sacrificed to get things rolling, pretty soon we had a line of type II'ers and Snake River Valley crews thinking they were the one that could pass the 4-4-40 challenge. We used our newly procured digital video camera to record a couple hours of it before the chiefs came and shut it down after the campies complained about all the puking and ruckus.

Good times.

Gape on!

Gaper.jpg

NOW I think we have a winner!

All the Mountaineer 10 essentials...check

Lack of appropriate elements...check

Shorts over Polypro...check

Goofy Joyous N00b smile...check

Gaiters...check

It's all there, Folks. :laf::tup: :tup:

I'm flattered, it's taken a long time to perfect that look!

Gape on!

Gaper.jpg

NOW I think we have a winner!

All the Mountaineer 10 essentials...check

Lack of appropriate elements...check

Shorts over Polypro...check

Goofy Joyous N00b smile...check

Gaiters...check

It's all there, Folks. :laf::tup: :tup:

I'm flattered, it's taken a long time to perfect that look!

Mouseshit brown hat,

Blue polypro shirt,

Khaki shorts over grey polypro ("Mountaineer Elf" look),

Red gaiters.

Stylin'. Couldn't be more coordinated.

Lemme guess - you bought all this stuff on sale?