Girly climbing attire and other LEGITIMATE ?'s

SnowByrd

Some questions:

1) Is it better to climb in a thong, granny panties, or go commando? Why?

2) Is it OK if your prana top isn't actually a Prana top, but something with a little more support? I mean...going braless is a little like going comando....

3) Does your Pranalike top HAVE to match your climbing or is it OK if they clash?

4) Is it OK to take home a healthy income and have a fulltime job and still be obsessed with climbing, if you actually are?

5) If you're a newbie, how do you get other people to take you out on days other than Wednesdays without getting totally rejected or embarrassed? I know it can be no fun for more experienced climbers to take out the new kids....but we gotta learn somehow and we are MORE than willing to carry gear, learn to lead and clean, and most importantly, buy the beer!

6) Is there a bad stigma that goes with being a newbie? being a newbie girl? being a girl?

7) Does any of this qualify as Spray? wink.gifwave.gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. See RC.com ladies room for 7 pages of tard blog on said topic.

2. Ditto above

3. Match your climbing? Actually, topless works fine.

4. I hope so.

5. Buy the beer and smoke 'em out. hahaha.gif

6. Yes. No - work it if you got it. Yes (talk to god about the third one, I didn't make you that way).

7. No. Pay attention to Iain, he knows how to spray. Who else could coin the phrase "he's just fixing to rock the hotbox with some hero tokes of rastafarian proportion "

SB77, great start in spray.

I am definatley not a girl so my replies would be:

1) Thongs are cool for climbing, especially if it compliments your harness laugh.gif

2) Prana knockoffs are ok, If you need more support go for it.

3) I once was ridiculed for Plaid shorts, don't ask me about fashion. On the other hand if you are climbing in a thong and an unsuportive top most of us won't be judging your fashion sense blush.gif

4)Obsession with climbing is better than the income, but without the income climbing is a little rough.

5) Honestly the answer here is to be upfront. I don't mind going out with a newbie, if I know they are new (or even old and learning a new discipline). I hate gettin into more serious stuff and findin out my partner has no clue and was just posin.

6)Personally I like girls, the fresh young ones arn't bad. Newbies are to be tolerated especially since we all did that once.

7) Ya, Sprayin is climbers spoutin off about anything that's not directly climbing. You left this one wide open for "response"

If you want to spray, you must have the mind of a spray warrior. boxing_smiley.gif

Maybe I'm just too nice....this is just a lame first attempt anyways and apparently its already been done on another site....I'll sit back and observe for a while...then, after a couple of pints, my obnoxious side will come out and I'll try again laugh.gifbigdrink.gif

not really trying....don't wanna offend anybody....too new to know what offends people.....don't wanna talk politics....and I THOUGHT it was funny but like I said, it's already been done.

I don't like to make enemies of people I hardly know or don't know at all....and remember, I'm a newbie and my angle is to get people to take me climbing wink.gif So I HAVE to be nice until I earn the right to be obnoxious (which comes OH so easily to me, just ask the Wednesday bunch)

So, I'll observe the professional sprayers and laugh at their jokes laugh.gif

not really trying....don't wanna offend anybody....too new to know what offends people.....don't wanna talk politics....and I THOUGHT it was funny but like I said, it's already been done.

I don't like to make enemies of people I hardly know or don't know at all....and remember, I'm a newbie and my angle is to get people to take me climbing wink.gif So I HAVE to be nice until I earn the right to be obnoxious (which comes OH so easily to me, just ask the Wednesday bunch)

Do tell us how you have offended the Wednesday club people. We like good stories here. laugh.gif