Ania at the hook move on pitch 3.

zsketchnuts.jpg

The hammered-in nut on pitch 3.

zsketchhead.jpg

The copperhead with a tied cable.

zstemming.jpg

Gary stemming on pitch 6.

zsketchcam.jpg

Inverted cam left by a previous party. We cleaned it [and it held body-weight] -- it's pretty mangled.

zbelay.jpg

Crowded belay higher up. Shadow of the Early Winter Spires.

Good work both groups! Sweet route!

Fox is right: one shouldn’t have to bust any free moves on 2 and 3, but I would recommend pulling as many as possible especially if you are trying to climb it in a day as it will greatly speed things up. The crack leading up to the lip as well as above the lip is easily freed and the start to pitch 3 has some free moves one can pull that actually eliminate the need to hang from mangy fixed gear.

Regarding hook moves: you shouldn’t need to do any (minus cam hooks). If you do either you need to top step or bring a larger selection of small gear. I did this route before zeros and offsets existed (in fact I didn’t own aliens at the time) and didn’t have any problem (or had to pull out the hooks which I brought the first time just to be safe).

Other pitches to run together: climb as far past the dihedral pitch (pitch 8 if one doesn’t run 6 and 7 together or any other pitch for that matter) as your rope allows into the 5.7 ledge pitch (unless you are hauling).

c1 is for women.

hahaha.gif

And apparently C2 too, because my partner had no problems leading through those sketchy copperheads and the skyhook move.

What's with you jackasses? Not too long ago, I was climbing with a guy who was complaining how he won't climb with any women because they are slow and weak. A woman who had climbed The Nose overheard him and gave him a piece of her mind.

Oh yeah, and my mom can whoop your ass at math any day of the week. the_finger.gif

• 2 years later...
  • 7 years later...