BASE fatality in Switzerland of NW jumper

D-dog

http://www.blincmagazine.com/cms/article_284.shtml

Nik was a good man and a special friend to many of us in the Pacific Northwest, and around the world. He will be sorely missed by those who knew and loved him. We will carry his memory in our hearts and bring the wisdom he shared with us to others along our journey.

Be at peace, my friend. You gave so much more to the world than you took away from it. It is a duller and sadder place in your absence. Words cannot convey our feelings of your loss. If I could trade a year of my life to give you another year of yours, I would without hesitation. I know you would do the same for me, and for all of your friends around the world.

I cherish the memories of our jumps together, our late-night talks, or commiserations and consolations, and even your scolding when this friskly young dog got out of line and you had to set down the law to keep peace within the community. I will never forget the lessons you taught me, and the good times we shared.

"Cheers mate, good on you!"

D-d0g

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A sad story and my sympathies to friends and family.

One thing I noticed was the knowledge the writer of the story seemed to have about the sport. Wouldn't it be great if our local climbing rescue stories were writen with such insight! Doesn't seem to make Nic look like an idiot or anything.

sad incident.

dave that is the beauty of trade publications. i read the automotive ones and the insurance ones and ytou should read all the bullshit that each one thinks it knows about the other...always good light for itself.

sad incident.

[ 08-07-2002, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: erik ]

Can't avoid a Mountaineer's quote. After doing Prusik Peak we stopped for a break atop Asgard Pass and watched a group of 8 or so moutaineers wobble down the back side of Dragontail. The leader, festooned with 5 ice screws and about 20 hexs comes up and asks "Do you guys know where Dragontail is?". We raise our eyebrows.

They went up Colchuck Glacier to climb something on Dragontail and ended up wandering all around the base. This was supposed to be an instructional class. Classic Mountaineers.