Official 2nd Annual Smith Tuft Love Fest thread

gapertimmy

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Illini, Mtnhigh and I were discussing the impending weekend of debauchery and sin and concluded that besides keg stands, spraying by the fire, and the last ditch effort of actually climbing (heaven forbid if it actually comes to this)… attendees won’t get much opportunity to prove their masculinity/femininity and cap stone position within the climbing community…

Hence I propose we should provide more opportunity for one to simultaneously prove ones masculinity/femininity and/or seriously injury themselves. Specifically I think we should have haul bag races… same idea as a burlap sack race, where people step inside a bag and hold on to the top of it and then attempt to hop to the finish line while keeping their feet and legs in the bags, but with haul bags…

To pull this off we need people to bring haul bags… (I have two… anybody else?) I will gladly hand the winner a fifth… the questions is are people interested and are there enough haul bags?

Nooo...A hual bag race is when you put an adult climber in a bag and somebody at an anchor hauls the bag and climber up the rock. The bag body can use hands on the face but must keep legs in the bag. It's more fun if you can race side by side but a stop watched time is okay. To be completely fair you need to do 2 laps switching the hauler with the bag body. pitty.gif

I'll bring taps for the beer and a garbage can if I can fit it, but any donations of ice and an extra can would be cool (pun intended)...and just maybe a bottle of Maker's?

Nooo...A hual bag race is when you put an adult climber in a bag and somebody at an anchor hauls the bag and climber up the rock. The bag body can use hands on the face but must keep legs in the bag. It's more fun if you can race side by side but a stop watched time is okay. To be completely fair you need to do 2 laps switching the hauler with the bag body. pitty.gif

I nominate either SuperSlab or Cinnamon Slab as the racing routes- a bruising good time!

This will make me popular I am sure - but I don't drink (liquids yes, alcohol no) so I never worry about a DD. Seriously, I really wanted to camp - but have been unable to convince the friend I am driving down with - so drat. Wish I'd gotten more of this feedback sooner (stupid work got in the way and reservations have been made).

BUT - if you need someone for a beer run ;-)

SOOOOOOO, help a girl out - what to climb?

So find a different ride. I've got room in my car. I'm leaving Thursday and coming back Sunday.

Where do you climb at? Is the foot healed? Are you a 10c kind of girl, or a more moderate 7 or 8? From what I understand, and I could be totally wrong, most routes at Smith are sandbagged. I'm wondering the same thing. Off_White is taking me up the 'slabs' on Saturday morning, and thats rated 5.6 ish I believe.

Let me now what you find out laugh.gifwave.gif

From what I understand, and I could be totally wrong, most routes at Smith are sandbagged.

You have been misled... smith grades are fluffier than the down coats worn by the grade inflators themselves (aka sportos) boxing_smiley.gif

Edited by NOLSe

"So find a different ride. I've got room in my car. I'm leaving Thursday and coming back Sunday."

Already committed ;-) Can't leave until Friday after my shift as a corporate monkey ends anyway.

"Where do you climb at? Is the foot healed? Are you a 10c kind of girl, or a more moderate 7 or 8? From what I understand, and I could be totally wrong, most routes at Smith are sandbagged. I'm wondering the same thing. Off_White is taking me up the 'slabs' on Saturday morning, and thats rated 5.6 ish I believe. "

This will be my first time out since the end of July and I will see how the elbows hold up (they basically are still angry with me). I've been climbing 9s and some 10a's in the gym.

My impression at Smith are the ratings are pretty consistent - but that it's always a long way to that first bolt for the Sport Routes. I basically just want to have fun and climb this weekend - the numbers don't matter.

That and I really want to meet you and some cc climbers- so look for a PM with my cell and we should go climb stuff!!!

B

I nominate either SuperSlab or Cinnamon Slab as the racing routes- a bruising good time!

SUPER SLAB has the best belay ledge cool.gif

It seems the routes down there are more sustained that they are around Leavenworth, fewer ledges and easy rests, so they seem harder, even though the moves are all at the right grade. Of course there are some that stiff and and some that are soft... but isn't that why we climb?

From what I understand, and I could be totally wrong, most routes at Smith are sandbagged.

You have been misled... smith grades are fluffier than the down coats worn by the grade inflators themselves (aka sportos) boxing_smiley.gif

yeah nolse, you are truly bad ass aren't you? the_finger.gifrolleyes.gif

i'm curious as to what u think is over rated there...

Edited by RuMR

Give it a rest, yo. Isn't this thread supposed to be about the Smith gathering?

If I come down uber-late on Friday night/crack o' dawn Saturday morning ... where are the majority of folks camping and will there be any identifying markers that it is cc.com central?

B

Give it a rest, yo. Isn't this thread supposed to be about the Smith gathering?

If I come down uber-late on Friday night/crack o' dawn Saturday morning ... where are the majority of folks camping and will there be any identifying markers that it is cc.com central?

B

Camping in the grasslands.

Look for me passed out in a sagebrush.

so shittalker, let's hear exact routes are overrated? and what's the base for your opinion? btw, what's your hardest route rp and os at smith (for you)? calling your shit wanker. you talk big, but i think you are talking out of your ass. and what hard routes have you done there. and by hard i don't mean 11's or even 12's, as easier 12's are used by climbers for a warm up for harder riggs. i think i have pretty good handle on this subject, since i lived on both sides of the pond. after living in bend for nearly 9 years and climbing there resonable number of routes i must say your statement is just pure turd you dolt.

Edited by glassgowkiss

no no time. leaving to poland on 15th, then going to turkish rivera (akyarla), back here, then off to the rockies and then east coast over christmas. have to work at some point. btw, it's victoria marathon, so i am busy on sun. plus listening to river of verbal turd from people like nolse would make my blood pressure too high. getti'n old...