Official 2nd Annual Smith Tuft Love Fest thread

gapertimmy

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a friend who wants to crash at the Hub rather than camp this weekend as she says there have been a lot of thefts down at Smith.

I think we'll have more fun if we camp and hang out with everyone . . .

What d'ya think? I haven't made it down for one of the Smith events yet - anyone crash at a hotel rather than camp?

B

Hey hey. The honeymoon is over, and I'm back fighting to find time for a weekend at Smith. Too bad I won't have any thing weekend. The little missus, however, wants to find a ride down to Smith, hopefully Friday afternoon so we can climb at Beacon in the morning. Anyone interested in a car mate? Let me know.

CG33 staying at a motel puts you qute a ways from the festivities, like Dru said yu'll need a DD. Camong out at the Grasslands is really nice and you won't have drive anywhere when you are finished drinking, eating and socializing.
I totaly agree withthis statement. last year it was far enough to go across the grasslands to sleep.I wouldn't miss the whole evening for all the cupcakes in the world. Hell last year Feejee and Mikey Layton didn't start doing Keg stands until after most people had passed out wink.gif

i go down to smith to climb not do stupid human trix...i get so few weekends down there i don't want to throw them away....
usualy I do too. but luv fest is specail to me. we had so much fun last year. realy you have to decide what your priority is. Are you there to be socail or to climb or some of each.

my each person party to their own level wink.gif Rumr you may Clim 5.14, but I party 5.14 (thus I climb 5.7 wink.gif )

Part of the whole point behind Smith fest is hanging out with everyone, sharing some brews, buds, stories and comaraderie. If thats not your thing then the motel is definitely the place to hang, however I would ask myself why I am choosing to go this weekend of all weekends if putting faces to online personalities and hanging out with all these asshats isn't one of the goals.

I dont rememebr fejas doing any kegstands. That explains the boombox he left on my truck though.

I will have three chairs with me that were left over from last year, one of which is muffies. The remaining two are up for grabs.

This will make me popular I am sure - but I don't drink (liquids yes, alcohol no) so I never worry about a DD. Seriously, I really wanted to camp - but have been unable to convince the friend I am driving down with - so drat. Wish I'd gotten more of this feedback sooner (stupid work got in the way and reservations have been made).

BUT - if you need someone for a beer run ;-)

SOOOOOOO, help a girl out - what to climb?

Edited by ClimbingGirl33

This will make me popular I am sure - but I don't drink (liquids yes, alcohol no) so I never worry about a DD. Seriously, I really wanted to camp - but have been unable to convince the friend I am driving down with - so drat. Wish I'd gotten more of this feedback sooner (stupid work got in the way and reservations have been made).

BUT - if you need someone for a beer run ;-)

SOOOOOOO, help a girl out - what to climb?

you'll get a better night's sleep and wind up getting to the cliff a hella lot fresher the next morning...

climbing is what this whole stupid site is about right?