Beware the Snaffle

texplorer

Last week I was cleaning a new route and had a single line TR set up with several long webbing slings to some trees. The next morning I came out and jugged my line to find one of the anchors gnawed half way through.

I could read the headlines now, "Death by Snaffle."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made a rap a few weeks ago on a brand new rope that I'd carried around on several trips but hadn't used, a 8mm, 30 meter rope. At the bottom of a rappel about 15 feet off a boulder field I notice my rope is half cut through. So...now I know who the culprit is! Snaffle. smile.gif Probably not. Ha. It just goes to show you should check a rope before you use it.

Here's a funny story. As a kid we were heading out on a 9 day trip. My old man chews tabaco. About the 2nd day out he found a few empty cans instead of the standard dip awaiting. Suffice to say, snaffle was whistling away all night. Ha.

When I was younger they (damn snafflist!) ate all my Canadian money in my glove box (half my net worth at the time). I have a feeling that dru sent the special snafflehound patrol to collect all Canadian funds for his nefarious plans of total domination of the USA. I would like to point out that my real money as in US dollars were left untouched. I countered with an incursion accross border to defend our honor.