• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
addie

Moving to Arcata/Humboldt County......

Anyone in the Humboldt County area by chance and want to show me around? Im in the process of moving and figured Id see if I could get a heads up on the climbing crowd from a cc'er wave.gif

i've got lots of family down there, the humbolt county fair is a rokken time. i could hook you up with some of my cousins, i'm sure they'd think yer mighty purdy.... unfortunately, they all milk cows, and don't climb.

Hey Addie, I can't hook you up with anyone, but spent five of my years there...just head north towards Trinidad and hit up Moonstone Beach. Beautiful, beautiful place with some great routes. You won't be able to miss the rock and there's always people scampering about. (My, oh my, I'm jealous).

are you moving from wrightwood? by chance i met someone at willie whos moving to that area.

im going to be living in downtown arcata.. anyone in the area is welcome to stay

Hey, Muddy Waters Coffee is the thumbs_up.gif

G Street I believe, cross the street from Kinkos.

There's also another killer coffee shop with the organic goods near the chain drug store on H Street ?( or whatever the main drag that runs the opp direction of G is).

Weekend farmers market on the square thumbs_up.gif

And Wilderberry's (sp?) market also thumbs_up.gif

Decent Thai restaurant down the road in Eureka.

Edited by willstrickland

yeah Im living next to wildberry's market, and about a block from the saturday farmers market...

havent been to muddy waters but will plan on stopping by tomorrow.

The Somoa Cookhouse across the bay used to be a pretty good place to eat, especially if you are very hungry and want to eat alot. It is the former mess hall for the mill workers of Louisiana Pacific. No menu, just whatever they're serving. A nice little logging museum too.

The Somoa Cookhouse across the bay used to be a pretty good place to eat, especially if you are very hungry and want to eat alot.

The cook house used to be a lot better than it is now. They used to bring everything out at ounce. Now you have to chase someoe down to bring some more grub out.

Another place that is really good is the Lost Coast Brew Pub in Old Town Eureka. They make some of the best beer i have had. My two favorites are Down Town Brown and Great White. When I am down there I always stock up on a few cases of each. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

I was just there last night- had the 8-ball stout which wasnt as good as the bb porter... but next time Ill try those