Moving to Arcata/Humboldt County......

addie

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Addie, I can't hook you up with anyone, but spent five of my years there...just head north towards Trinidad and hit up Moonstone Beach. Beautiful, beautiful place with some great routes. You won't be able to miss the rock and there's always people scampering about. (My, oh my, I'm jealous).

Hey, Muddy Waters Coffee is the thumbs_up.gif

G Street I believe, cross the street from Kinkos.

There's also another killer coffee shop with the organic goods near the chain drug store on H Street ?( or whatever the main drag that runs the opp direction of G is).

Weekend farmers market on the square thumbs_up.gif

And Wilderberry's (sp?) market also thumbs_up.gif

Decent Thai restaurant down the road in Eureka.

Edited by willstrickland

The Somoa Cookhouse across the bay used to be a pretty good place to eat, especially if you are very hungry and want to eat alot. It is the former mess hall for the mill workers of Louisiana Pacific. No menu, just whatever they're serving. A nice little logging museum too.

The Somoa Cookhouse across the bay used to be a pretty good place to eat, especially if you are very hungry and want to eat alot.

The cook house used to be a lot better than it is now. They used to bring everything out at ounce. Now you have to chase someoe down to bring some more grub out.

Another place that is really good is the Lost Coast Brew Pub in Old Town Eureka. They make some of the best beer i have had. My two favorites are Down Town Brown and Great White. When I am down there I always stock up on a few cases of each. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif