Peter_Puget

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

hee he I know of some that have done it in 26 hours car to car... no headlamp, bivi with the goats above the descent gully...

See! Thats what I'm talking about, slow alpinism at its finest, cavorting with the natural world, taking your time to smell the goats, out of the cubicle farm and into unstructured unproductive time...

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:

That 3 hour time for Rainier seems bogus. (Maybe that's one-way). It's more like 4.5 hours roundtrip. (Craig Van Hoy?) Look in the last edition of the Molenaar Rainier book. That's pretty darn fast.

- Dwayner

I happened to have Mike G's book with me at work when I read this, and he mentions that Chad Kellogg, a climbing ranger, did it Sept 1, 1998, in 5 hrs, 6 minutes, parking lot-to-parking lot.

A few years ago I was leafing through a book that had a bunch of Rainier climb records. The one that sounded most impressive to me was Liberty Ridge, car-to-car, in under 24 hours. (Seems like it was 19 hours?)

quote:

Originally posted by freeclimb9:

By all means, update speedclimb.com's info so that self-promoting spraylord and freeloader Hans can tick off the easy ones to add more meaningless records to his list.

All climbing records are meaningless. If speed's not your cup'o tea order another drink. [big Drink]