Looking for a partner for Mt. Adams!

David_Seal

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to slog up the South Side. Probably camp somewhere around the lunch counter area (about 9,000 feet). I'd like to polish off the next 3,000 feet early the next morning and glissade down as far as we can get. Other than that, I understand it is a fairly straightfoward snow climb. I wouldn't mind getting up there early enough on the first day to practice a little self arrest. Like I said, this will be my first snow climb.

Don't mean to tangent off from your post, but any of you other PDXers looking for a partner? I would have loved to have gone with you on Adams (did it last year), but just signed up on this board.

Have some limited rock experience but always looking to learn more. Have gear already. I have much more experience on snow.

David, let me know if you want a partner for anything after your Adams trip (three finger jack or mt. washington perhaps?).

Iain- Thanks for the heads up. I had heard about that. I'm hoping things will clear up for next weekend when I am planning to go. Otherwise, I am considering the north ridge.

Kevin- I would definately be interested in doing some routes, but I head back to school in PA about three days after I climb adams. I'm missing the mountains already. Hopefully I'll be around again next summer. Sorry.