• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Double_E

favorite bumper stickers of all time?

I don't think the crowd here will like it one bit, but here's the current sticker on my car: "Except for ending slavery, Nazism, fascism, and communism, War Has Never Solved Anything." A lot of folks see the last line before they realize what is says in full and get all flustered.

I don't think the crowd here will like it one bit, but here's the current sticker on my car: "Except for ending slavery, Nazism, fascism, and communism, War Has Never Solved Anything." A lot of folks see the last line before they realize what is says in full and get all flustered.

Where did war solve communism?

Russia? East Germany? China? North Korea? VietNam? France? Harvard? wazzup.gif

"Die, Jane Fonda, Traitor Commie Bitch"

"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

I'm suprised somebody else hasn't yet thought of this one and mass-produced it:

"I voted for John Kerry, before I voted against him"

"CLIMBINGRUVEN" (currently on the rear bumper of my Subaru)

One more I forgot; I live in a major tourist town in Northern Michigan and this one was spotted on the bumper of an old Dodge pickup:

"Don't hassle me, I'm a local"

"CLIMBINGRUVEN" (currently on the rear bumper of my Subaru)

I have never understood why the "-GRUVEN" series of bumperstickers, apparel, mugs, and other assorted merchandise is amusing or interesting to some people. Can someone explain this to me? I know about the VW ad campaign that unaccountably spawned it all, but why, oh why?

Also, those stupid abbreviation-in-a-white-oval bumperstickers. Why? Euros started using them for their countries (D, F, etc.) a while back when borders were less porous over there, but why is it the cool thing to do these days with every trendy place in the US (NRG, OBX, FLG, etc.)?

madgo_ron.gifhellno3d.gif

I just got this one second hand: "I'm bored, who do we invade next?" Bush/Cheney '04. Eat your hearts out liberals!

seen on drive to work this morning:

Honk if you're doing your Kegels

yelrotflmao.gif

what type of "Honk if..." sticker will they think of next?!

I like the one:

"A Smart Ass is Better Than A Dumb Elephant" yellaf.gif

Saw one today: Save a Tree, Remove A Bush thumbs_up.gif