[TR] WA ice guide misinfo- 7/21/2004

glassgowkiss

Climb: WA ice guide misinfo-

Date of Climb: 7/21/2004

Trip Report:

3557Pyramid_Peak-med.JPG

hey, yes i am slow and just opened up wa state ice guide. i would like to get a couple of things straight, as i think they are quite important facts.

Pyramid peak- the name of the route is "It ain't over motherfuckers". second the route is on east face not on north face - see the picture. also before you go and traverse the ramp for two pitches you must climb a nasty little section of WI3.

as far as the route on Colflax, i think the rating is off. the route should be more like WI4/4+, not 5/5+. the pro was kind of sucky, but in my opinion technical rating should not reflect seriuosness.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldnt be so surprised. The Mountaineers Books *are* actually tied to a climbing organization, and as such are not quite so uptight as to worry about a foul word or two buried somewhere in 60,000+ words. The publishers were very agreeable about route names in general thumbs_up.gif

Alex, i did send this to your web page right now. a couple of smaller notes. first of all i think areas like Colonial peak or Pyramid are the best with as little snow as possible- hence they are rather early season routes. I would like to see some of them repeated more often. personally i don't think any of them are that hard and any climber who is proficient with WI4/5 can climb these things without any problems. under right conditions they can be fun, moderate and good training routes for bigger ranges.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 years later...