layton

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best I can do (from Sept. 1998):

945Davis_from_Stetattle.jpg

The North(east) Face is the steepest face in the state when considering the drop over 1 horizontal mile (a 5,381-ft drop). It is the 5th-steepest face over 1/10th of a horizontal mile (1,830-ft drop).

According to Beckey's description, the North Face Route goes up the sunny side in this photo. He says, "Grade III, 5.6, 14 hours r.t."

Here's a picture taken from Sourdough Ridge at the end of the May 1985 Picket Range ski traverse.

83LSkoog-0183-002-davis-pk.jpg

A more distant view was published in the May 1986 issue of Rock & Ice with my article about the traverse. Bryan Burdo later told me that the picture inspired him to go check out the face. (I like historical trivia like that.)

Should I post pictures like this, or would it be better to keep some of these places more mysterious. I don't know. What do you think?

I'm looking for photos of the N.F. of davis peak. I can see most of it from the Hwy, but haven't been back there...yet. wave.gif

For your purposes, the looking-across-at-it shots may work better, but here is the least foreshortened fullface view I have:

1417DavisPeak-med.jpg