8k trip buddies

007_dup1

ryland and griz;

I want in on some of that action, too. I wager the Sherpas will desert within 5 days of being hired. No one left but the "007 American Cho Oye Expedition" to haul their shit back home.

Oh yeah, someone gets killed along the way, but we all agree on that. I call "shotgun" on the movie and TV rights right now! Lesse, get Chris O'Donnell as 007...yellaf.gif

Cho Oye snaf.gif

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't resist any longer... I put my money on this crew not even getting past the Tibet border without a Chinese guide, being stuck in the cesspit hellhole that is Zhangmu, contracting food poisoning leading to explosive diarrhea, and spending the remainder of their time on the squat shitter, before crawling back to KTM in shame.

The guide services offer a do-it-yourself approach where they take care of the logistics and leave it up to you to get your sorry ass up the mountain. Cho Oyu was $4k for a cc.commie who teamed up with another climber who also chose this cheap option, and they reached the summit. Four grand seems reasonable. Screw Everest, though I recall it's DIY option being $16k.

Or, Dryad since you just got back from over there, how hard would it be for two bozos to trek to a peak and make a stealth ascent? Other than trying to carry all your gear/supplies inconspicuously?

Since every other climbing party has a liason officer, you would most likely be caught by one of them. Getting caught would suck ass.

I've got money riding that 007 will never leave the US. When his "climbing buddies" find out what needs to be done on the fly in China, they will all bail.

BTW - How's it goin Dave?

Let me ask the doubters of this trip a question.

Why are you on this site? Are you looking for partners?

Who out there wants to climb with someone that has a negative attitude and is ignorant about other places?

I've expressed the importance of going on an 8k trip with good judgement and regard to safety.

Are climbers becoming brainwashed into thinking "PAY TO CLIMB" companies are the only way to climb?

Keep your comments coming so we might find a genuine concern for this trip. thank you

007, if you try and make a summit attempt after only 3 weeks you'll die of hape or hace. if you don't know this you really shouldn't be up there. anyone who agrees to climb w/ you on this time table is dangerously clueless too. all the 'trip doubters' have very valid points.

Our Chinese liason officer will be acquired in KTM. Based on past experiences some things are better/quicker/cheaper with less arrangement made in-between. Ever been to KTM? There is an economy of scale of sherpas, Chinese liasons, gear rental shops, massage parlors, expedition outfitters, drivers, suppliers... I don't think your "PAY TO CLIMB" companies want people to find out how easy it is.

Have you ever rented something in advance and come to find out there is so many more rentals at cheaper prices?

I've expressed the importance of going on an 8k trip with good judgement and regard to safety.

Good judgment is worthless on the mountain if you do not have anything to base it upon (Example: how would you recognize an avalanche prone slope if you have never had a Level I avy).

As you have not demonstrated to the board (which obviously you are not required to however many of us would take you more seriously if you did) that you have the extensive climbing experience necessary to make sound decisions on the mountain; we find you laughable; especially when you think the crux of this climb is a class 3 snow step.

Detail your climbing experience or expect more of the same.

PAY TO CLIMB or pay less to epic? nothing like a randomly organized trip with internet avatars you know nothing about to generate some thrilling drama and psychological meltdowns. i suggest getting the book and movie rights locked up before you leave in case you bite it. then your survivors can at least profit from your demise.

Believe it or not, you trip doubters are going to help us! HACE & HAPE are a real concern. For two weeks we will cycle through the 3 camps. What do you know about the accepted timetables assuming an average climber. We will address these concerns obviously. thanx

I was just a little pup

And it was derby day

Was dad and me and Darrell

Out in San Pablo bay

Taco flavored doritos

And my orange life vest

Dad caught a hundred pound sturgeon

On twenty-pound test

Now he fought that fish for an hour

And a half

Darrell’d say jump ya sons a bitch!

And he grabbed for the gaff

When we got him in the boat

He measured six feet long

I was so danged impressed I had

To write this song called

Fish on!

This site is not the place to prove this level of experience.

Your right; but if you want us to take your seriously or actually recruit some trip partners you will need to demonstrate you’ve done more than watch Vertical Limit and skimmed the pages of selected climbs…

How about of all the amazing climbs you have done; name the one you are most proud of…

The thing that makes this thread interesting is 007's writing style. 007 is either like 14 years old, or is an ESL student...or is Dru posing as any of the above and laughing as he types. Whoever it is, pose onward, you're entertaining us all. hahaha.gif