wierdest booty

buterFly

i was on my way to climb the Mole in the Enchantment with Gary a week ago and we came across the most interesting trash/treasure i have ever found. a few questions come to mind. what is 'camp corona', why was the sign (along with a steel frying pan and spatula) at Mesa lake, and what is with the phalic imagry? it would have been much cooler had we actually found some corona beer in the creek after our long day in the sun. does anyone want to claim the sign?

5392DSCN0464-med.JPG

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we got stuck for 3 days in a blinding whiteout coming back from the SW Ridge of Mt. Hunter in AK and bivied at the base of some random rocky promentary to wait out the storm I got out the tent (one small ass Bibler, three dudes, two sleeping bags) one evening to dig out and stretch the old legs and I found this old 5 gallon bucket stashed by some rocks. Inside was some nasty old food, dehydrated fruit and oatmeal and shit. Some of it was dated 1984. We didn't eat any of it, we hadn't ran out of food or anything, but at the time it felt comforting to see signs of other people. And the bucket made a nice cooking platform.

nah, it's pretty small, only a foot in width. i suppose i could have used it to sled down a snow slop had we found one. the full size frying pan is bigger and certainly weighed more. it was a weekend for finding trail trash. we found four tent stakes and a small bit of cord at Coney lake, a stoper on the Mole, sign, frying pan and spatula at Mesa lake, birthday balloon in temple canyon, and a sit pad by Nada falls leaving temple canyon.

We were at smith the day it caught on fire several years ago. Next day we went to Wolf Rock and took a big whipper on one of the routes I think Bret Hall put up. On the way back down the hill I found a big old bag of nugs! On a non-climbing trip last year one of my co-workers found $1,400 and a bag of smack at a trailhead on the Snoqualmie river, turned it into the cops, he had to wait a while but ended up getting the money! no shiz story

my climbing partner and I were on our way to the Tooth one fine day, and god only knows how he saw it, but suddenly he was off trail and climbing a tree... came back with a velvet sachet with a little glass bong in it... Comment something like "damn, it's empty" while holding up a little plastic baggy...

Thats a score and a half, that bong is Karma-fyed!

Coolest was a coke can fron 68' down in the bottom af a cave in this narrow little canyon in the windriver range... like booty in the no-where land! who ever left it was probably the last person to enter the cave... kinda twylight-zoneish.... werd!

In the hills of Montana where few people go, I found a small promentory on which to sit and gaze into the hills before me. After I had sat there for a few minutes, I started to think about how nice it would be to have a little smoke. I adjusted my butt on the rock and looked down. There between my feet was a tiny glass jar like a blistex jar only clear and in it was a stinky bud. To this day, I am assuming it was pot but I do not remember anything else about that day.......................

camping just above Glacier Basin, tucked way back I found a bird house looking thing with Buddha people all over and what I believe was human remains inside. Somebodies final resting place ?

Nothing will ever be the same ; be sad and rejoice

hmmm sounds like a case of stoners leavin there shit every where grin.gifconfused.gif

This past winter I was indoctrinated with the principle of the "Stupid Check." Works wonders for making sure you don't leave anything behind.

I'm disappointed that no one has any clue about the origins of the sign.