Glacier Peak, July 22nd till whenever

Crazy_Jeff

I need to hit Glacier Peak, it's been most of a year. I'm thinking about taking off on Thursday and spending a few days trying to get up on of her. I'd really like to climb the east side since mother nature seems to be encouraging that, what with the road conditions. I am somewhat open to route suggestions, though (scimitar??). And I usually pack skis, but it doesn't matter if you do or not. Come join in the fun.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scimitar's probably pretty open right now judging from the look of the rest of the mountain, not to mention access???

I was up around Glacier Peak this weekend. The easiest but long way is up the Sauk to Glacier Peak meadows, then up to the White Chuck Glacier and onto the Gerdine Glacier to the Cool at 9200 feet, then up the SW slope.

Me and a buddy ski traversed the mountain June of last year and this was the best route. Still looked like excellent skiing as of this weekend.

The Sitkum's glacier had gone dry in spots, and the pumice slope to the summit well melted out on that side,looked like good skiing, maybe bushthwack up Bekos Creek?

East side, I wouldn't bring skis, unless you can use them to cross the Suiattle, it's usually pretty raging. I don't know if anyone has been over from Buck Creek Pass, maybe there's a bigass tree jam for a crossing. Skiing that side wouldn't be too easy this late in the year.

Have fun, wish I could go with!