Cascade River Road Now Completely Open

Sleeveless

Cascade River Road Now Completely Open

Tim Manns, 360-856-5700 (365); North Cascades National Park Complex

Prepared July 15, 2004

At 1:00 pm today repair of the damage done to the Cascade River Road during last October’s storms was completed, and the road opened to the public. In coordination with the National Park Service, a Federal Highway Administration contractor fixed the severely eroded sections at Boston, Midas, and Morning Glory Creeks within the North Cascades National Park portion of the road. The road is now open all the way to its end at the Cascade Pass Trailhead 23 miles from Marblemount.

http://www.nps.gov/noca/news-release.htm/

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as we bag on them, I'll give props to the park service. For a government repair project, that was reasonably quick. Ahead of schedule even, wasn't it? I wonder what the repairs look like and how long they'll last this time.

As much as we bag on them, I'll give props to the park service. For a government repair project, that was reasonably quick. Ahead of schedule even, wasn't it? I wonder what the repairs look like and how long they'll last this time.

When we went up in June the backhoe crew clearing the main debris field "smoothed" some of the boulders around and then stopped work to let us push our bikes through. They let us know about the smaller debris field further up the road and were generally pretty nice. The next evening, both sections were smooth enough to bike over - slowly, in the dark... Thanks guys! bigdrink.gif

-t