Climbing Reservation Q's

mattyg

I'm emailing the park service as well, but just thought I'd put this out there and see if anyone else has had this experience. I got a permit for Camp Muir through the reservation process quite a long time ago. In the new process you have to have everybody's name and climbing pass# on the form you submit. Plans change, as they always do, and aside from me and one other person I think everyone else that's climbing will be different people than who are listed on the permit. I assume that it's easy to swap out names. Is this the case? Also, what time does the ranger station open at Paradise?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,

All of the NP Ranger Stations open at 7am.

The reservation form determines the total fee the park will charge up front. Determine your party size as well as which climbers will need an annual climbing permit. The park will charge you $20 for the reservation and $30 for each climber on the reservation whom you don't have a permit ID for. If you want to avoid being charged extra $30 for each unverifiable climber make sure everyone in your party gives you their climbing permit # (or temp #)before you request a reservation.

At check-in the ranger (hopefully a Ranger Babe thumbs_up.gif) requests all of your information again so make sure everyone brings their permit.