Another Troll for Fairweather and Co.

Zenolith

Conventional parity was roughly discarded when it was battlefield proven that an M2 Bradley w/ 25MM firing depleted uranium rounds could knock out a T-80 MBT at 3000 meters.

Previous to that all odds and NATO wargaming scenarios had shown that the Russians supported by East Germany would punch through the Fulda Gap and be in France before the end of the week.

The life expectancy of the average US ground troop assigned to 3rd ID was just over 3 minutes with 19K (M1) assigned individuals being ascertained as .03% survivability and A.L.E. of 30-45 seconds...

Tactical nuclear parity was in favor of the Soviets and Pershing was obsolete by the 80's...

The Soviets would have crushed Western Europe and they all would be drinking Borsht right now...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the Saudis being our friends or not, has anyone seen the commercials they have aired in the U.S. to drum up support? (apologies if this was mentioned earlier) They are more sentimental than a Wilford Brimley Quaker Oats commercial and a "Diamonds are Forever" commercial combined. [Roll Eyes] Whatever the case is they certainly want us to think they are our friends. It's ridiculous that they think they can buy off our support with a slick little PR campaign.

Some here seem to prefer gun boat policies above all. Read this recent article from Wall Street Journal - trigger happy administrations that suffer from tunnel vision, responding to populist pressures do not help our cause...

The Taliban were looking for ways to kick Al Qaida out; imagine the Taliban doing our work for us!

Certainly a much cheaper option... and an option that would not have required my brother to be risking his life in Kabul, Afghanistan with the international force as we speak...

Erden.

----------------------------------

A Once-Stormy Terror Alliance Was Solidified by Cruise Missiles -- Al Qaeda Had Sour Days in Afghanistan, But a U.S. Attack United bin Laden, Omar

By ALAN CULLISON and ANDREW HIGGINS

Staff Reporters of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

URL for this article on WSJ

Same on MSNBC.com

[ 08-05-2002, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: erden ]

quote:

Originally posted by Uncle Tricky:

Might may not make right, but it sure makes what is.

Ayyyy Fairweather--you make for a tempting target, but what's the point of hunting pidgeons?
[Razz]

It's fun and realistic target practice for shooting at ducks and geese.

PS - nobody really "hunts" pidgeons, you just shoot them when they fly by your barn, apartment, etc. Ahhh now I get it.

i gotta jump in here.... sure the russians may or may not have had tactical on the ground superiority to invade western europe but is there any evidence that they actually would have if they thought they could do it? I mean they had a hard enuf time running the warsaw pact....and look how it fucked them up... what would the commisars have done without the black market western european produced goods to serve as status symbols anyways...

im all in favor of voluntary war. all willing combatants propceed to antarctica immediately - i will chip in to pay for your guns and ammo...

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

penguins are screwed i guess. the penguins in NZ and S Africa and S america and south georgia and kerguelen can carry on the breed.

the snow is doomed anyways. global co2 levels, remember!
[Wink]

except that one penguin found up by Alaska. He's the only smart one (or she?) [Confused]

either way, the only solution is a battle of the bands! [rockband][rockband]