YIPEE!!!!

slaphappy

I just bought the new 2005 900 liberty 50th anniversary Polaris RMK! This sled rocks! The seat is 4" higher. Totally redesigned front suspension, 10 position handlebars, LED altimeter, thermometer, 159" x 2.4" track, slightly lighter than last years 800, better fuel efficiency, computer chip- so no more jetting for different elevations, and oh so much more!

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!! fruit.giffruit.gif

* A big fat moon.gif to those of you who hate snowmobiles.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

specialed-

You're on! That's the main reason I bought it. (wrecked my 2003 RMK this past spring) Of course I am a snowboarder (have a split board) yet ride with primarily skiers. Keeping up has never been an issue...

You have a sled up there on the east side?

To a long and severe winter... bigdrink.gif

... too much sick shit that can be accessed.

...so its on the backburner for now.

If I was an avid ice climber instead of a hack the "sick shit" would be even sicker...

Screw the backburner. Come January you'll be regreting it...

bigdrink.gif

* Alpinfox- you beat me to it, notice the word "hack"...

...and a hunting rifle, so its on the backburner for now.

What did you end up getting? I'm looking for one now and curious what you got.

Remington 700 Series .270. Used but in great condition. Came with an old Weaver scope. I'm going to upgrade though - Leupold makes a 4x-12x for $250.00. As far as I can tell, there isn't a substantial difference b/w a .270, 30-06, and a 7mm mag, which are all fairly similar. 7mm mag will give you a bit more range, and a 30-06 a bit more impact force.

But I doubt I'll be shooting at anything over 200 yards anyway. For dear and even elk, a .270 is a nice caliber. When I was looking for a used rifle seemed like .270s and 30-06 are pretty easy to find, since they are so common.

I'd also like to get a lever action 30-30 with open sights for hunting down by the rivers and in the woods. That would be fun for target practice too.

Cool, thanks for the info Pete.

That Leupold scope is the one most of my hunting buddies use and it's pretty nice for the price. Most of them favor the Remingtons or Savages in 30.06 or 7mm. I've recently converted from a bow after 15 years of chasing pacific blacktail through the underbrush around here and took a nice mule deer in 2003 after about 20 minutes of hunting with a borrowed rifle. I'm hooked and my wife offered to buy me a new rifle for a gift. Leaning toward a Winchester model 70 super shadow but, still unsure of the caliber.

That Leupold scope is the one most of my hunting buddies use and it's pretty nice for the price. Most of them favor the Remingtons or Savages in 30.06 or 7mm. I've recently converted from a bow after 15 years of chasing pacific blacktail through the underbrush around here and took a nice mule deer in 2003 after about 20 minutes of hunting with a borrowed rifle. I'm hooked and my wife offered to buy me a new rifle for a gift. Leaning toward a Winchester model 70 super shadow but, still unsure of the caliber.

Shit if you want to bowhunt, you can take a doe real easy out here. Muley Bucks are defenitly a bit more challenging with a bow though.

Shit if you want to bowhunt, you can take a doe real easy out here. Muley Bucks are defenitly a bit more challenging with a bow though.

hehehe, another convert. Right on, ed.