Kids' Rope-Up 2004

Bug

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gear up kids! Does anyone have a full sized griddle we ccan use to crank out pancakes in the morning? I will bring my two burner propane stove and I'm sure there will be others. I'll bring a big bag of Krusteaz mix. Let's have eggs and bacon too. That'll fuel em up for the long term better than empty carbs. We ran a little short of water last time too. Bring lots of water bottles/bags.

Chatter Creek is way up the canyon. It could be cold so bring warm clothes. I will have a huge tarp or two. Some extra cord would be handy to tie it up.

I do! have a griddle that is...itcame with my 2 burner propane stove. I'll bring a couple of 5 gallon water thingys and a couple of extra sleeping bags for stragglers should we need them. We've had a wave of disappearing tent poles hit my house so I'm afraid that I only have one 3 man tent available....but I'll bring beer, OJ, and eggs. I'll also have Morning Star breakfast patties available. Somebody else got bacon? wave.gifHCL.gif

I also have a rope and draws now laugh.gif All I need to do is learn how to lead. Do we need extra ropes? I cna dig up another one as well. Lets take a climbing inventory check.

Nina = 1 adult small harness

Size 34 shoes

2 ropes (1 dry 60 and 1 nondry 60)

Adult ex small harness

Kids shoes

12 draws (sorry, no rack yet)

I can get my hands on more stuff if we need it but thats what I've got to share at the moment. Can we go today? Gawd its beautiful out there!

wave.gif

Edited by SnowByrd

I recommend not bringing more than one rope apiece. Leave the best one at home since we will be top-roping everything. I'd hate to see someone get ripped off at the road.

I will have one rope, rack, slingage, a couple L harnesses, one XS harness, A couple pairs of smaller shoes.

I recommend not bringing more than one rope apiece. Leave the best one at home since we will be top-roping everything. I'd hate to see someone get ripped off at the road.

I will have one rope, rack, slingage, a couple L harnesses, one XS harness, A couple pairs of smaller shoes.

Okay. I'm dieing to get out and try me new rope out though. I'll only birng one.

It looks questionable but the east side is not as drizzly as the west side. Cances are we will have a big fire and hang out. Maybe take a trip to Peshastin where it rains considerably less than Icicle. At any rate, I am going with full rain gear and tarps and tents and hot chocolate. Or there is always Walmart....

FRIDAY

A 70 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S TO LOWER 70S. WIND SOUTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH ON THE RIDGE TOPS.

FRIDAY NIGHT

A 60 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW. LOWS IN THE MID 30S TO LOWER 40S.

SATURDAY

RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY AND A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 50S TO MID 60S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.

SATURDAY NIGHT

A 60 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE MID 30S TO LOWER 40S.

SUNDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH CHANCE OF RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW SHOWERS AND A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S TO LOWER 60S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 50 PERCENT.