Kids' Rope-Up 2004

Bug

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested. But cannot go. But would like to go on future times.

Question. I have a daughter turning 4. What age did it seem right to you to have your daughters start climbing? Sons I think are a little different becuase they are a little more ballsy.

My girls started bouncing around at the end of the rope at 4 but their attention span was short. They mostly liked to pendulum across the wall. The oldest one climbed a 5.7 awhile ago at age 8. The important thing is to make sure they are having fun and want to go again.

I took my my wife's niece and nephew climbing when she was 3 and he was 5. She was more fearless than he was, but both climbed about 5.4 on fairly steep rock up at Donner Summit. My 6 year old nephew is more cautious than either one. My brother took his 4 year old son up a three pitch climb in the 'Gunks - George was so young he didn't even know what he had done "me and my dad climbed a big rock!" (He has stuck with it, though. A couple of weeks ago, the two of them climbed the Beckey-Chouinard.)

okay I am in. did not know this thread was going until BillyGoat tweaked me. Thanks Bug on getting it going. You know I am good for whatever my split is on camping. maybe we can scare mr. Dave Bale out of lurk-dom and he and his two urchins can come spin up some bikes and stories.

so it is ...

In

Mark (hillweasel)

and

Kelly (a tall and sassy 13)

may tow up a girlfriend too. regretfully, lost the one from last year.

oh.. and it is my birthday that weekend whoopie ! fruit.gif

-hw

Here is an idea. The Circus is in Everette Fri the 17th at 7:30. Circus, drive to Leavenworth that night and bivy. Everyone else meet at the Bridge Creek bivy Sat AM by 9 or 10. If this sounds good, I can get tickets $15 for reserved seating and $9 for the second tier (have to order Friday). Or I can shut up.

We will be in Icicle canyon Sat and Sun Sept 18 and 19 for sure and maybe the 17th as well. If a couple more people commit, we can keep our reservation at the Chatter Creek Group Site for the 17th, 18, 19th. If no one else commits by Tues Aug 31, I will cancel the group site and we will meet at the Climbers bivy above Bridge Creek. So far,including me, only four people have committed to paying and only three have committed to coming (with kids etc).

It is going to be fun regardless! The kids love it.

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Many marshmallows will die.

Hi All

My two seven year old boys and I would like to join the leavenworth expedition.I can reserve two or three spots at 8 mile camp ground on the mornings of sept. 17 or 18.Would

only cost $33.00 plus $10.00 per extra car.Let me know.

What does $33 cover? two sites? How many total cars can we have per site? Two plus $10 per extra? Eight mile is more central.

I would like the idea if we could get everyone in but with 5 of us now (plus one who will pay $20 but may or may not show), that makes the group site $26 apiece and we have plenty of room for stragglers (some of whom may also pay).

Opinions?

I am going to the Circus Friday night and driving up aftewards. So we will show up in the darkest hour after watching strange animals do unlikely tricks with humans of questionable repute.

I have 3 tickets ordered for Snowbyrd & crew.