Kids' Rope-Up 2004

Bug

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squish would be kewl (weather permitting). but i will go anywhere.

since the last Kid Ropeup was all dads (okay there was one gf grin.gif) please be aware that lone males getting kids across the border into BC can be a real hassle.

I once got grilled for about two hours when i tried to go up to ski with my then 6 year old daughter. didn't matter how many phone numbers and reasons i gave they were sure i was abducting my kid and fleeing the country (probably didn't help that it was winter and i had a ton of gear in the car). when i came out from the interrogation they were rifling thru my car madgo_ron.gif

As a reward I left them a ripe, poopy diaper in the main lobby trash bin. boxing_smiley.gif

so if we do go up there, be sure to bring birth certificates and signed permission slips from the other parent.

-hw

...i tried to go up to ski with my then 6 year old daughter... As a reward I left them a ripe, poopy diaper in the main lobby trash bin.

Pretty funny present! But your 6-year-old was still in diapers?

Squish would be kewl (weather permitting). but i will go anywhere.

since the last Kid Ropeup was all dads (okay there was one gf grin.gif) please be aware that lone males getting kids across the border into BC can be a real hassle.

I once got grilled for about two hours when i tried to go up to ski with my then 6 year old daughter. didn't matter how many phone numbers and reasons i gave they were sure i was abducting my kid and fleeing the country (probably didn't help that it was winter and i had a ton of gear in the car). when i came out from the interrogation they were rifling thru my car madgo_ron.gif

As a reward I left them a ripe, poopy diaper in the main lobby trash bin. boxing_smiley.gif

so if we do go up there, be sure to bring birth certificates and signed permission slips from the other parent.

-hw

Very true statement! The boarder can be quite cumbersome. And being a single parent whos ex is a space cadet, not reliable to give me the papers needed to get there.

Sept. would be better, if you're thinking about the weather. I'll be there! My son leads 5.5-.6! thumbs_up.gif

• 1 month later...

Eightmile and Mountaineer Creek campgrounds are both closer to "the action" than Chatter Creek.

If there is to be a day-only event, Mt. Eerie is superior to Leavenworth for top-rope climbing -- but its not for an overnight because there is no camping there.

I am swamped this week. I am still at work right now. Can someone reserve a group site over there? The BridgeCreek group site is nice. It costs money. We passed the hat last time and I think it came out OK.

Kid's Ropeup is September 17-19 at Chatter Creek Group site. Same place as last year. Bridge Creek and 8 mile were not available. Cost is $149 for the site. We will pass the hat. Confirmation number is 1-3435078.

Kid's Ropeup is September 17-19 at Chatter Creek Group site. Same place as last year. Bridge Creek and 8 mile were not available. Cost is $149 for the site. We will pass the hat. Confirmation number is 1-3435078.

This is a family campout/climbing weekend. It is not an organized event per se. Bring your own food, beverages, cooking apparatus, tentage, my beer, etc.

No cussing, cursing, or unsavory language unless it is part of a climbing story.

To get there; go to Leavenworth. The first right is Icicle RD. Chatter Creek is several miles then a few more and maybe one more after that. Eventually, you will pass the Chatter Creek Ranger Station on the right. Take the first right immediately after and we are in the first loop to the left. There is a gate but it not locked. We check in at 3PM Friday and out at 11AM Sunday.

Chatter creek is a ways up the valley where it can get cold. Bring appropriate dining attire.

If you are coming, respond to this and post your name under

COMING:

Bug. Olivia 8, Meredith 6.

Tentative:

Can't find Leavenworth:

The response is underwhelming. Rather than pay $50 for a weekend at Chatter Creek, (assuming the three committed show up and pay a third), I will cancel the reservation on Wednesday September 1, unless there is more of a response.