Girls Climb Wednesday still a go *please no spray*

icegirl

Wednesday, July 14th

3PM at the park-n-ride

3:30ish at the trailhead

Remember, this is for all you newbie girls, basic skills are all that will be needed (how to get into your harness, shoes, tie in, belay) We will be doing all the rope set up (leading, anchors, etc) and take down. You will not be judged on your knowledge or ability. We are not going to require you to pass any tests. On this first go round, consider it like a Stone Gardens climbing party. Unless you want to do more (or have the skillset to do more) all you are gonna do is climb smile.gif

Bring:

climbing shoes,

harness,

chalkbag,

water

munchies,

helmet would be nice,

comfey shoes to do the short hike up in.

Mosq repellent

Some warmer clothes, as the sun goes down rather quick when it goes down there.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great time was had by all! ________ included wink.gif Pictures are linked. Many thanks all you fine young women who showed up to make this a success! The rest of you... Well, you have next week to redeem yourselves?!?!

Sorry about the sheer volume of pictures, but they were wanted as proof, and I'm not gonna sift through them all...

Some awesome shots of our uber dynamo pandhanna... on what, her 10th day ever climbing??!??! Wooohooo Pandhanna rocks!

Snobyrd77 give a thumbs up on her first day of climbing in our beautiful northwest (shh... if we don't scare her off, we might have her, hook line and sinker)

Dryad, it was a pleasure, we will plan and scheme, and come up with some great things for the summer!!

Thanks again, all! and a huge Kudo's to our token ropegun for his patience (apparently the earplugs worked)

Prana tops! wave.gif

Thank you icegirl for organizing this, and it was great meeting the rest of you folks. I had so much fun! I can't wait to get out there again. And I'm scheming of bigger adventures too. laugh.gif

I gotta say also that the girlie drinks were the perfect ending to this girlie evening. We need a margarita graemlin. bigdrink.gif conveys the idea but isn't quite right here. tongue.gif

Sounds like you all had fun! I would like to try and make it to one soon! I will be moving to Issaquah/Snoqualmie/North Bend area soon. Perhaps when I do, we could do beer and bbq at my place after climbing. I need to find the place first - but I am actively looking! I will try to make it next week to climb and meet everyone!

bigdrink.gif

those kayland mountain boots your boy toy/belay slave are wearing are JUST THE THING for the extreme edging problems found in north bend tongue.gif

Thems are LaSportiva and you'd be surprised how hard he can climb in them things.