Come to Roslyn Saturday 7/17

blue_tuberosa

What: Benefit for friends in Roslyn

When: Saturday night

Where: Marko’s Pub – if you can get to Roslyn, you can find Marco’s bigdrink.gif

Why: In need of some community support

Hey cascadeclimbers,

Sorry for the big bulk email, but I want to extend an invitation for something to do this Saturday night 7/17. Consider it your base camp for Alpine Lake adventures!

If you’ve ever been interested about checking out Roslyn, this weekend would be a good time to do just that. Especially if you would like to get a feel of the real, local, caring Roslyn community.

Here is the deal-

A little more than a month ago two Roslyn residents were running errands in Seattle and were involved in a very bad accident. I don’t want to spread too much of their personal details over email, but it has been a very, very difficult ordeal and it is far from over. My friends, Tom and Jan, are some of the best community folk around. They own the local theater, are good to people, and have been a big part of the Roslyn community for more than 20 years.

So these fabulous people are in need of some community help and I wanted to extend the invitation to some Seattle people.

The Event-

A benefit show at Markos Pub in Roslyn.

The local band, Free Beer @ Exit 80 will be playing (they’re good too!)

$5.00 donation at the door and it looks like there will be a raffle too.

I image the show will start around 8 or 9pm

All benefits are going to the Wells Fargo account that has been set up for them to assist with medical expense and to keep the Roslyn Theatre going strong.

Where to stay….

Options include (from least expensive to most expensive)

1. Camping – there is a ton just beyond Roslyn out towards Salmon La Sac and I can tell you of all the incredible free (or $5) spots that you need to know about.

2. Hotel Room in Cle Elum – it’s not nearly as cool as Roslyn, but the rooms are much more affordable. There are lots of hotels. Just let me know if you need some suggestions. They run about $40 - $50/night.

3. Lodging in Roslyn –

a. Harry’s Inn – it’s right above Village Pizza in the downtown metropolis. There are only 4 rooms, so call right away. It’s about $70/night. 509-649-2551.

b. Huckberry House B&B, this place is a little more spendy (~$100/night), but it’s great! http://www.huckleberryhouse.com/ The new owners Don and Sybil are really neat.

Okay, thanks for putting up with this long email. I hope you’ll consider coming over for this! Let me know and I’ll be happy to take you on a walk to the river or any personalized tour that you want!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic