Mt. Adams South Side rescue

sobo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I met up with you two right by the standby rescue unit (me: yellow pack, blue board).

Stand-by? Watchoomeen stand-by? We were the prime rigging crew for the first real lower off the top of the Crescent Glacier. In my mind, that was the only spot where a full-blown toboggan lower line and toboggan belay line was necessary. The whole thing coulda been a lot faster w/o all the extra mainline lower BS. A belay line woulda been just fine, except at the top of the glacier, as I said.

Oooops! I think I'm letting my personal feelings get in the way of my professionalism here. Happy now, Gaper_Jeffy? cantfocus.gifyellaf.gif

I was up on the south side off Adams that Sunday (11th) and saw nothing!? We left the trailhead at 5 AM and returned around 4 PM. How could we not have passed this rescue at some point? Very confused. We even skied down the south side. We did see the Tacoma Mountain Rescue trucks at the trailhead the night before though.