Post Op

CraigA

Since I have 3 months rehab to look forward to (according to the doctor) after my shoulder surgery I have some time on my hands. I've already watched all my favorite movies so I figure its time to rent a few. What climbing movie (fiction or documentary) do you like or recommend? Keep in mind I'm on some good pain meds so it doesn't have to be too good of a movie for me to say aaaahhhh, coooool mushsmile.gif

Just for the record, I haven't taken enough pills to sit through Vertical Limit again.

Anyway, typing with one hand sucks so I'll look forward to some good leads on some good flicks.

Thanks,

Craig

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, I haven't taken enough pills to sit through Vertical Limit again.

Craig

Whatever, Vertical Limit is a high quality piece of cinematography compared to Into Thin Air: Death on Everest. This redenition of the Krakaur book looks like it was shot with $200 and a home camera somewhere on the local ski hill. I'd get all the masters of stone videos and make up some sort of interesting drinking game if I had that kind of time on my hands.

Whatever, Vertical Limit is a high quality piece of cinematography
yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

I'd get all the masters of stone videos and make up some sort of interesting drinking game if I had that kind of time on my hands.
Now this sounds interesting. Masters of Stone, can these be rented and how many are there?

Craig

Touching the Void. Don't know if it's out on DVD yet.

And it goes without saying... "Eiger Sanction" with Clint Eastwood. Quite dated by now, and there's a few gaffes, but it's still a Clint classic, and should not to be missed by any climber. A good viewing/drinking/pill-popping game would be to see how many gaffes you can pick out of the film.

Although it's not a climbing movie, Paddle Frenzy (about WW kayaking) is quite a hoot. Some really awesome stunts and good tunes in that one.

-Eiger Sanction (good)

-Touching the Void (good)

-K2 (hehe)

Cliffhanger (Just pure entertainment. Watching Sly bolt a route on freesolo is fun, and watching him double-dyno is funny two. The best are the outtakes on the DVD where he is campusing off of an icicle with one hand. Good stuff!)

-Even a few moves are pulled in the beginning of the movie Krull when he is climbing the mountain and retrieving the Glade. Short but sweet.

And it goes without saying... "Eiger Sanction" with Clint Eastwood. Quite dated by now, and there's a few gaffes, but it's still a Clint classic, and should not to be missed by any climber. A good viewing/drinking/pill-popping game would be to see how many gaffes you can pick out of the film.

Although it's not a climbing movie, Paddle Frenzy (about WW kayaking) is quite a hoot. Some really awesome stunts and good tunes in that one.

Touching the Void is out on DVD, picked it up on Friday at Best Buy for $20!!! It has 3 awesome 25-min featurettes included that are really freaking good. One is "the making of", one is "a return to Siula Grande...", and one is "what happened afterwards..." Go get it!!! rockband.gif

sobo went on with blah-blah-blah

Touching the Void is out on DVD, picked it up on Friday at Best Buy for $20!!! It has 3 awesome 25-min featurettes included that are really freaking good. One is "the making of", one is "a return to Siula Grande...", and one is "what happened afterwards..." Go get it!!! rockband.gif

Hey thanks, Dustin. I'll get right on that.

CraigA, you really should get TtV. It's a cc.com Best Pick! cool.gif

can't climb cause of shoulder surgery? go hiking/scrambling and get in shape for fast n light speed ascents when you heal.

This is exactly my plan once I'm able to move around without the assistance of a handful of perc's mushsmile.gif

So is it aiding if I do a hike/scramble on med's?

Craig