• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
freak

Metaline Falls ect...

So I was out at metaline checkin out that limestone.

So my question is will that stuff clean up? Or is is forever going to be loose.

My roomate thinks it was choss but Im wondering if its going to clean up?

yeah but was Horn Lake that loose 7 years ago or was it already solid, I havent really climbed on much limstone so I dont know.

actually limestone can be really killer...the stuff in the nw mostly sucks bad.

go to the southwest in arizona or the verdon in france for better repensentation.

then climb granite....slightly rolleyes.gif better rock imho.

bigdrink.gif

Did you get on any of the routes? They may look bad but they climb well and yes some are dirty. 5.ll and less are dirty. 5.11-12 probably clean. 5.12 and up are clean. (no holds... sttteeep.....= hard and clean) The others just need some traffic. Rememeber, Smiff was total choss (or is it still cause I still break stuff there) but is good now. At least the limestone around Spokane will clean up with traffic. Of course traffic seems to be a problem around here.

I went to Rifle for my first time this spring and realized that the limestone areas in NE WA are really quality. I honestly think the limestone is equal or of better quality than the slick, blocky shit in Rifle (there are some standount routes there for sure though).