waiting for that late partner...

Szyjakowski

is worse than anything in the world...

oh the anticipation and angst.

must climb soon or you just might blow a fuse.

thanks for this fine media to vent my blabbering mind of goo.

ahhh, i just heard him pull into the driveway.

finally.

what is your worst waiting experience??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three of us went out to do the Franconia Ridge traverse in NH during the winter. It only a hike though in the winter up there it is wild. We made it up to the ridge the temps were a balmy -5 degrees with gusts up to 100mph. The guy with the car decided he had enough after 5 minutes above tree line and bailed. My buddy Craig and I discussed for a bit and decided to continue on. After a hour above treeline in those condition we figured better get down below treeline. We ended up doing some overnight hiking down low for a couple of nights. Temps and wind stayed the same. We made it out and made the call to some friends in North Conway several hours away for a ride. We had a 4-5 hour wait out in the cold. Paced back and forth for the whole time trying to stay warm.

Another winter traverse in NH, this time the Preidential traverse. We ended up bailing in the dungeon (an emergency shelter on the ridge) around 2 in the afternoon to wait out the weather. The floor is ice, the ceiling is ice, at least there is a couple of bunks and a small 1 foot square window. Everytime we fired up the stove it would melt the ceiling and start raining. It sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh squid, squid, squid.... was it I, ,Mysticnacho, who doth brought about thy horrid failure and subsequent bitching? Nay! For it was thee! Listen close, fair cascadeclimbers, for there was a third climbing partner! And together, the duo found not Mount Stuart on foot nor car. They labored and toiled! But it was not to be. They yellowsleep.gif, ate HCL.gif, hunted snaf.gif, and fruit.gifaround in the swamp. Not I, though. I labored and sweated under the sheets, quite merrily, with my girlfriend. And frankly, kind sir, I had a much better time. So, poo on you, Squid!