where to climb this weekend?

james_e

alright well I'm heading to the crags this sunday. my driver doesn't want to go too far, so i have the choice of three different places:

1) exit 32

2) exit 38

3) fossil rock

never been to fossil rock, and i've only been to x32 and x38 very little. i've got some beginner climbers with me, so there needs to be a lot of easier climbs (about 5.10b at the most). every opinion helps. please, help me out here! thanks!

-james

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I dislike 38, it is probably your best choice for taking soem beginner out. 32 has better climbing, but less easier climbs. Index is close by really good rock but with beginners you will most likely be limited to GNS. What about Erie, it is close by and I guess from what I hear has a lot of single pitch stuff?

I find the climbing uninteresting, the rock quality is poor, the crowds are a pain sometimes, but I usually head to place where that isn't an issue. The walls that I like most over there are Amazonia and Nevermind. Gunshow area is ok less people, but more spread out.

Should be good Static Point cnditions, not to hot.

Static Point rockband.gif esp for newbies, teaches em good technique and how to "dance" on slabs. Was up there last weekend, perfect weather indeed...awesome views and good climbing...one of my favorite places.