• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
addie

eugene: anyone around tonight?

Addie always talking about going for beer.

Where do you go for good beer these days?

High st.? bigdrink.gif

19th st.? bigdrink.gif

The Wild Duck is closed so what's left? cry.gif

19th is some 5 blocks from my house, and has a killer Hammerhead, so it's my usual. And John Henry's usually has free pool before 10.

as for good beer? I usual hit cornicopia on lincoln and 17th- its a cool scene with good brews...

If memory serves, Johyn Henry's is a bit of a dive. Cornicopia, however, is more to my liking. I lived just down the street from there for a year and made many a visit.

Sorry I won't be able to join any time soon but should be through in a week and a half or so. I seem to remember mention of Wednesday evenings at the columns? I may have to drop in on one of those sessions. Something about seeing two hot blonds climb caught my attention. (That and Ron has all of my cams at the Crux)

Cheers!

bigdrink.gif

well- we are almost always out at the columns on wens night in some form or another-- give us a heads up and one or two of us should be there

If memory serves, Johyn Henry's is a bit of a dive.

That depends on how far back that memory is. John Henry's moved into a space on Broadway, and has even started to get a bit trendy, especially with the Pabst crowd. They even have an 80's night on Thursdays, for all you "ripe folks" out there. wink.gif

At my "ripe" age of 27, it hasn't been that long since I've been to John Henry's. I'll admit, you make it sound better than it was a few years ago but I'm still not a big fan of transparent beer. mushsmile.gifrockband.gifmushsmile.gif

Edited by alpinerock

Well, I just remember going to the old location, and thinking that I'd wandered into a bar set up by squatters in a condemned building. And they do have Fat Tire on tap too, since I'm not one to drink yellow water either. bigdrink.gif

i prefer a porter.. but thats just me

nope not just you laugh.gif

Breakfast Porter... bigdrink.giflaugh.gif

Nepali Porter: Comes on strong and leaves you breathless
yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

someone needs to make a beer for the add campain cool.gif