The Gear Worship Thread

EWolfe

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and i dont know why you like those hb rip-offs boxing_smiley.gif wild country rocks and super rocks work fine in all cracks.

Cuz it makes me feel like a bad-ass Headpointing Brit every time I place a brassie. the_finger.gif

I even keep a file handy, JUST HOPING I may have to shave a little... Geek_em8.gifhahaha.gif

boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif

They should make some "micro" tricams. I'm sure that there is a limit due to the minimum thickness of the axle, but I think they could go smaller than the pinkie 0.5.

That's a great idea! The new most-stuck tri-cam! The Safety Orange Tri-cam! tongue.gif

It says here in this old climbing magazine profile from 1991 of Mark Wilford that his best pro on a 5.13 trad route he put up was "An 0.5 Tricam filed down to 0.3". This surprising innovation is no innovation at all!

Always seem to find a spot for my yellow (#2) metolius cam. thumbs_up.gif

Me too, except mine doesn't have the fancy "teeth" on the cams. I've found that a #2 Metolius and a 0.5 tricam are interchangeable most of the time. I use the tricam in low stress situations, and save the Metolius for when I don't want to futz with the tricam.

They should make some "micro" tricams. I'm sure that there is a limit due to the minimum thickness of the axle, but I think they could go smaller than the pinkie 0.5.
I would suppose that you would have to change the material from aluminum to brass to get the required strength. The harder material would reduce the tendency to get stuck. A small recess on either side of the piece would make it easier to use a chock pick to free a tricam.

All gear tested and approved by me!

Green, Yellow and Red Aliens (Or Offesets) - Cry when I don't have them

TriCams pink - brown (but not around here - Gunks etc)

Metolius Nuts - Smith / WC Rocks elsewhere

Yellow TCU - that sucker makes love to pin scars around the world!

Beal 8.1mm Ropes - Da Bomb in Black Velvet Canyon

WC 10mm slings - nothing else comes close

Old Style BD positrons - BD shot be shot for changing them! The flat gate keylock rocked

Not sure I have a Favorite REgular cam yet - I moved to my WC rack this season and like it BUT I need to compare it mroe to my BD rack before the jury makes a decision

Not climbing specific BUT...

Patagonia Dragonfly - Great ultralight softshell

Marmort DriClime wind shirt - greatest.jacket.ever

Sickle Pants - the cotton carhart like ones - Subtle, comfy and you can climb in them! Plus they don't scream LOOK! I JUST GOT NEW PRANA overpriced Bouldering stuff (OR BLURR OR FLASHED)

Sportiva Miuras - Greatest Shoe Ever

thats it for now