Looking for info on a Mt. Erie climb

hohm

I was snooping up around Snag Buttress last weekend, and I noticed 2 new lines of bolts on the big wall to the right of the Main Wall. Looks like 2 pitches, near vertical, and perhaps only partly cleaned. Havent been up there for awhile, and wondered if anyone knows what they go at....looks awesome.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may be in Klokes new guide book (which I havent seen yet) but I doubt it. The lines look brand new, and are reached by an obscure path leading up to the right of Snag Buttress. I am pretty sure they werent there the last time I checked out that area (late last fall).

The guidebook isn't out yet - hopefully it will be in a month or so. I'll bet the climbs will be in there - I know Dallas was working on finishing a number of climbs in June to get them in the guidebook.

He's mentioned a few new climbs in the area you're talking about, and most of them go at between 5.8 and 5.10a.

Yes, I am looking forward to finally seeing the guide. BTW, the lines I spotted look more like in the 10 or 11 range, and are at least 2 pitches.

If anyone is interested in checking them out, send me a PM...