Canoe?

Greg_W

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CANOEING? WTF are you turning into a Canadian? Sell your guns, grow a beard, drink Molsons and eat Kraft Dinner with maple syrup, live in an igloo, and know all the words to Stompin' Tom's "The Hockey Song". Then you won't need to borrow a canoe cause you will own one.

By the way - I don't have a canoe.

Also - how is sex in a canoe like Labatt's? It's fuckin' close to water!

rolleyes.gif

CANOEING? WTF are you turning into a Canadian? Sell your guns, grow a beard, drink Molsons and eat Kraft Dinner with maple syrup, live in an igloo, and know all the words to Stompin' Tom's "The Hockey Song". Then you won't need to borrow a canoe cause you will own one.

By the way - I don't have a canoe.

Also - how is sex in a canoe like Labatt's? It's fuckin' close to water!

rolleyes.gif

yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gif "from my cold dead hands", facial hair and me don't agree, Molson sucks ass, Kraft Dinner with maple syrup? hellno3d.gif

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone has a canoe (and paddles and shit) I could borrow this weekend. Ross Lake Resort wants like $24 a day. Planning on doing some canoe camping.
GI Joes rents for very reasonable prices fruit.gif

If you are not planning to drive up through Canada then down to Hozameen I would rent a boat from the resort. If you are planning to go to Hozameen then find another deal. If your plan is to put in below ross dam, paddle up the few miles then portage around the dam then I would just rent from the Resort, because you will want the vehicle portage around the dam that the resort provides and it costs more doing the portage than it does to rent the boats from the Resort. Bottom line if you are starting from the bottom end of Ross lake, rent from the Resort, if you are putting in at Hozameen find another deal than the resort. I would lend you mine, but the canoe is booked every weekend with me until my ankle heals up and I'm able to climb. Have fun and don't forget the mosquito repellent?

I kayaked up there last summer. I think they charged $15 for the portage, one way. So it seems like it would be cheaper (if you had a free boat on loan) to paddle to the dam if you were gonna be out there multiple days. Plus, the paddle through the gorge of upper Diablo Lake is one of the best parts of the trip.

Word to the mosiquito repellant suggestion.

Also, (in case you don't already know) you have to pick your campsites for each night when you pick up your permit. So you might want to check out the map ahead of time so you aren't totally put on the spot. Course some campsites may be filled. The ranger station has pictures of the campsites if you are still deciding.

Have fun. Its a beautiful place.

Canoe....erm, don't have one but I'm in the market for a kayak. Sometimes the UW has ones you can demo for cheap.....sounds like an awesome weekend! Hope you get good weather. I heard there are some good climbs along Thunderhead Trail as well.....are ya climbin? eh? smile.gif

Dude you are wrong. As I suggested it is more than the boat rental per day. A one way portage is $25, so $50 smackers total, see the link

http://www.rosslakeresort.com/info.html

Word though on checking in and reserving the campsites cause you do need an individual permit for each night for each campsite.

Wow, they must have jacked the price up since last summer. Or maybe I have been smoking crack.

I thought the canoe camping thing would be cool to do with the GF too. I figured the extra $$ was worth not having to haul the piece of shit up there, but then again, I dont really have an easy way to haul it, so I guess the point is moot. fruit.gif