Bicycle Seats

RobBob

Just got the road bike I bought on eBay, and I'm as excited as a kid with a new puppy. fruit.gifGeek_em8.gifhahaha.gif

I haven't owned a fast bike in 20 years. Got this one to try out a short tri this fall, just for fun. Now I face that aspect of cycling that I always hated before...the old torture-in-the-ass bike seat.

Any suggestions on a seat upgrade that has padding/no pressure on "the zone blush.gif," without weighing a lot more? I've got a Trek mtn bike that has pretty good ergo seat, but I'm guessing it weighs a lb more than the current road bike seat.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only time I see them now is on Sierra trading post or Performance bike as some kinda close out deal.

maybe that's the one to get then! thanx for the help guys. bigdrink.gif it's that "middle ground" pain I don't like, that's worse than ass-pain...and I don't wanna be worrying what it's doing to my prostate. Geek_em8.gif

I paid $120 for mine at the Fat Tire Farm, then turned around a week later and found it online for $60 madgo_ron.gif

I'm all for supporting my local bike shop, but lately that's happened to me with about every purchase. I find it 40-50% less online. madgo_ron.gif

The Flite saddle's are cool.gif

if you think you will get into more serious riding i.e. centuries and the occassional race or even if you just plan on long sessions in the saddle i highly reccommend one with limited if any cushioning. it will take a few weeks to get yor sit bomes adjusted, but after that you are much better off for long rides. whatever you do avoid squishy soft saddles, they just put pressure on your squishy parts that shouldn't bet gettin' squished!