SnowByrd

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn I have ALOT TO SAY even when I am not on line for 3 days running cool.gif

I don't get what the deal is?? Belaying is not brain surgery. important, YES! Dificult, NO! go climb, have some fun. you know I don't have a belay certification from anywhere...

besides the monkey bars are more dangerous than rock climbing. Just ask Thing 2. wink.gif

Once again I am forced to recall ....I've done my part.

Okay....NOW I am really scared. Bug, I met you the other night and you didn't seem that bad...

See. I was playing the ninties thing and you didn't notice.

I mean....apparently you have some chaeuvanistic views,

Be specific. I don't get it.

but that just comes with your generation

My generation invented Gloria Steinem. Look her up.

...and Hell, they're probably taken from your own experiences!
I only exagerated a little bit.

But its a bad idea to apply these views to all girls,

The virgin Mary was NOT included.

and I'm sure you don't do that so you're all right in my book wink.gif

OK. I'm calming down now.

Seriously though, its not considered a 'date' to just go climbing with someone is it? I mean....the ratio is much greater than I initially thought...about 20:1. So my chances of only going climbing with girls is slim...plus I'd miss the chance to meet some great (male) climbers and cheat myself out of learning from them! Sheesh...things aren't really as messy as you claim, are they? I just wanna learn...and if I meet somebody I'm attracted to in the process, great...we have something in common. I'm confused. shocked.gif

I went climbing with lots of girls and did not consider it a date. I am talking about being in a relationship and trying to teach your SO how to do something difficult and painful. When I was being coached on how to instruct skiing, I was told that the first rule of instructing was "NEVER TRY to teach a SO how to ski!" And they were serious.

Otherwise, My humor may be raw but there is some truth there. I am like Jimmy Carter. I have lust in my heart for pretty women. I have heard that there is an operation that can change that but short of that, it is a fact of life for men.

As I would tell my daughters, since YOU brought up the generation thing, "For a man, the relationship starts with physical attraction. He wants to have sex with you. You can't change that about men. So what you have to look for is one who can accept "NO" gracefully or outrun my 00 buckshot. Either way, you have picked a survivor. You decide which one is more interesting."

Cheers and welcome to CC.COM. Seriously.

fruit.gif

I manged to teach a SO how to ski this winter and it turned out to be a net plus in the relationship, but the slopes are littered with the remains of many couples who never quite made it.

I never thought it would be possible, and still would absolutely advice anyone who is thinking of doing so to reconsider. Much better to give the college kid $50, take the pain, and save the relationship IMO.

I manged to teach a SO how to ski this winter and it turned out to be a net plus in the relationship, but the slopes are littered with the remains of many couples who never quite made it.

I was told that most of the ones being taught, never returned to the slopes even if they could still walk.

yelrotflmao.gif