Your avatar?

jules

I picked Mona because in navigating the Big Wall of human nature, I often react like this [Mad] or this, [Eek!] or this. [hell no] . Ultimately though I find I'm happier and less involved in the sturm and drang if at the end of the day I'm more like this [Roll Eyes] .

Now, If I could just find a way to be like that when I'm on the end of a rope, instead of like this [Eek!] and this [Wazzup] and this [geek] .

Flame suit on, I can already hear this sirens blaring, the Emoticon Patrol is on its way to write me a citation! [Cool]

[ 07-29-2002, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: allison ]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My name really is Tom...

The picture because it was one of the most fun moves that I've made while climbing, and also have on film. This was a repel down a chute after coming down from Cruiser. We didn't have crampons with us, so we repelled down the snow as far as we could before bailing off into the schrund to down-climb the rest of the way... My friend bet I couldn't stick the move - but I did. The brew was mighty tasty that night, since he bought - [big Drink]

le corbusier was one of the great modern architects. he designed "le modulor" as a guide to proportions, based on the golden section. but the result was this ridiculous high-ape-index dude instead. so either: this is an illustration of what happens when you let "logic" overcome common sense or proof that climbers are the perfectly proportioned humans.

you have to respect anyone who give themselves a silly name and make it stick. (le corbusier means "the crow;” his mom named him eduord jenneret)

[ 07-30-2002, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: forrest_m ]

I just got me one of those picture thingies. I'm somewhat of a hoops junkie, and I didn't notice anybody else using this one yet. Oh yeah, and my real name is Nolan 'cause I couldn't think of a really clever nickname at the time I signed up.

[ 07-30-2002, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: nolanr ]

I chose MtnHigh cause back in the day simply being in the mountains gave me a natural high. Now that I'm old and washed up I just get high then dream about the mountains.

I didn't affix one of those little pics cause I didn't identify with any in the selection cc provided and I'm too computer illiterate to link in a custom pic. If I could I'd have something swanky like what trask has.

I chose the name "Charlie" in honor of a climbing legend who once resided in the town of Ellensburg-rumor has it that he graduated, moved back to Seattle, and now sits behind a desk selling mortgages. I'm sure he misses the days of hanging around Vantage after class, blairing gangsta rap from his boom box. [Frown] The picture of "afro" snoop is meant to portray a more casual attitude, unlike the more pretentious "slicked back" snoop displayed by Erik.

[ 07-30-2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

Info Charlie: your name oughta be gay cowboy cause that's exactly what you are. You homosexual bareback rider.
[Eek!][Eek!][Eek!]

And What up with the stolen hanger auto sig

OK I can't figger this one out! Dude did one of you're homies steal you password? Have you gone mental? Are you about to go postal? Bored and looking for the ultimate troll,trying to start a flame war.Dude you don't want us all to go caveman on you do you? Whatdafuck [Eek!][Confused]

This is RURP.

RURP is named after a tiny piton. And he thinks tattoo's are the mark of an immature generation. Ditto for the eyebrow and tongue piercings. [Many agree with me but will not admit it because it "just would not be cool".] Perhaps the American congress should pass a bill to subsidize the removal of tattoo's from embarassed forty-year-olds. It will cost billions of dollars but what price is self-esteem?

Anyway: I am named after a tiny little realized ultimate reality piton.

RURP has spoken.

This is RURP.

Charlies:

to use the venacular:

YOU SO WRONG!!!

I have seen both Dwayner and Pope in the last month. Dwayner is a burly blond guy and pope is a skinny wire guy with brown hair. They called me a "sport-rancher"[???] and tried to start a fight. Dwayner tackled pope and it looked as if he was punching him. Dwayner then said that this was a sample of me next time. Then they bought me a beer. This was in Leavenworth.

RURP has spoken.