good ankle / lower leg surgeon?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Bruce Sangeorzan at Harborview

Dr. Sean Nork at Harborview

Dr. Brad Henley at Harborview

IF you are lucky enough to be in Alaska, one of my favs, Dr. Bill Mills is moving up there this summer, he's one of the better reconstructive knee guys on the west coast. Seattles loss, AK gain (he's from AK, for those of you who are wondering if he's lost his mind)

All deal with difficult pilon fractures on a daily basis

A pilon fx is nothing to scoff at, it is a distal tibial fracture that included the articular surface on one or more planes. A good reduction is paramount.

Dr. Jonathan Franklin and Dr Michael Watt in Ballard are also quite excellent.

I am posting this in the thread for others who may also be interested to file it away.

wow! glad he worked out for you! yeah, he totally rocks! He's not who I'd go to for really complex fractures though... Did you get him talking about climbing in the Tetons?

I spoke with Dr. Nork this weekend, and confirmed that he LOVES operating on Pilon fractures, complex fractures and irregular bone injuries (Pelvis, Talus, calcaneus, Elbow, and tibial plateau fractures) He has worked on a number of climbers, and understands what they want outcome wise.

Winquist used to do tons of fx's in years past, now he mainly does knee scopes and total joints.

• 3 weeks later...

one more vote for Scranton. He reconstructed my ankle after a climbing fall, and definetly gave me alot more options than any other orthopede I went too. The jury is still out on how well its gonna work, though. I'm still looking for a good PT for ankles in the Tacoma area. Anyone?? Maybe i'll start a new thread.....