joffre

Dr.Hook

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hiking up to Tszil Mt. with my friend on Sunday. I showed him entrance to Joffre Enhainment.

Joffre from lake looked dry but you can't see much from that point(?). Matier Glacier looked nice! I never climb in Joffre and I will do something soon.

I can tell you for sure that Rex Pillar's West Ridge is very dry and North Culoir of Tszil is in perfect condition. I linked both in 2001 and situation was very bad. Now, North Culoir is absolutly beautiful! Not even small crack in the snow. Smooth and nice! Great place to bring beginer climber or just enjoy solo climbing.

Z

Real failure will be if you don't go. Honestly, I can't see you will have any objective obstacles to complete your plan. Weather will be perfect and for sure you will have fun. Please, bring camera and post something here. Will you?

Z

"they fall off when it gets hot. "

Thats what I am worried about.

Thanks for the info, any one else been up there lately? Really want to minimize my chances of failure on such a stellar weekend. wave.gif

it was hotter than hell 2 weekends ago and they were mostly gone by then anyway. chance they are still around in july on a low snow year is marginal. have fun.