What I learned this summer from Merv Griffin

E-rock

Wow, the summer is only 8 days young and I've already learned so much from our adjunct professor Griffin.

1. It is gross and inhumane to draw cartoons of babies dying. It is even worse to laugh at those cartoons.

2. In the old days we weren't so vulgar, shame on you. Our behavior on cc.com, our language, our morals, and our bad taste in film are so offensive to the Professer that well.... why the hell is he still here trying to educate our inferior, impenetrable, bigoted minds anyway?

3. Joking about people's heroes by calling them Nazis is insensitive to those who died during the holocaust. Nazis were bad in case you didn't know. Think Darth Vader... but meaner.

4. The phrase "in fact" has a specific meaning that you must adhere to. You can not use "in fact" to introduce a false statement that can be refuted merely by stating that the statement is false.

the_finger.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the summer is only 8 days young and I've already learned so much from our adjunct professor Griffin.

1. It is gross and inhumane to draw cartoons of babies dying. It is even worse to laugh at those cartoons.

2. In the old days we weren't so vulgar, shame on you. Our behavior on cc.com, our language, our morals, and our bad taste in film are so offensive to the Professer that well.... why the hell is he still here trying to educate our inferior, impenetrable, bigoted minds anyway?

3. Joking about people's heroes by calling them Nazis is insensitive to those who died during the holocaust. Nazis were bad in case you didn't know. Think Darth Vader... but meaner.

4. The phrase "in fact" has a specific meaning that you must adhere to. You can not use "in fact" to introduce a false statement that can be refuted merely by stating that the statement is false.

the_finger.gif

A fine summary. With amendment:

1) true dat! Well stated. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

2) Believe it or not, some things ARE offensive to others. I provide some perspectives that aren't usually found around here. Am I persuading anyone? A few from time to time. I've been thanked on several occasions for the presentation of my "radical" views on bolting etc. while others find my views obnoxious. And yes, there is a certain heavy degree of uncivil discourse around here hitherto unknown to myself and no doubt shocking to some others as well. I've also provided a lot of entertainment: funny stories and pictures, and a punching bag for the bullies.

What a country!

3)It is insensitive. (By the way, neither Bush nor Rush Limbaugh are my "heroes", nor would I call them Nazis). Meaner than Darth Vader? Yes. Darth Vader is a "cartoon". So are the clowns on "Hogan's Heroes" and "Seinfeld". The Third Reich's Nazi's systematically and purposefully slaughtered millions including no doubt relatives of people on this site. I have some friends that still have the tattoo's on their forearms. Calling someone a Nazi, or a babyf*%ker, is serious stuff and both in poor taste and potentially slanderous. Yet those sort of terms are offered quite readily and perhaps thoughtlessly. Go ahead, ask your local rabbi.

4)"In fact" does not work well with subjective comments, e.g. "George Bush/J. Kerry/Dwayner/whoever..is an a-hole" is an opinion, not a fact.

I'm glad I've been helpful in your education and values clarification. Now go to the library and do your homework, or sit in a corner and meditate.

Professor Merv. cascades-college.com

yakovsmirnoff1.jpg "What a country!"

I learnd that I rarely read spray anymore. and when I do I am generaly disapointed. odd isn't it? 1 year ago I knew everything that happend on cc.com, and now I rarely read an entire thred. I am turning into a lurker blush.gif

I learnd that I rarely read spray anymore. and when I do I am generaly disapointed. odd isn't it? 1 year ago I knew everything that happend on cc.com, and now I rarely read an entire thred. I am turning into a lurker blush.gif

werd. the whole 'internet' thing got bad for me after 'lisa' with whom i had been having online sex turned out to be a middle aged bald guy named 'geoffery'. hellno3d.gifcry.gifwazzup.gif

but NOTHING HAPPENS on cc.com. It's like Seinfeld.

i've learned that people are jealous of my big pinky muscle, rolleyes.gif and that this thread, though off too a good start was killed by the 3rd post yellowsleep.gif

btw E-rock how the fuck are ya wave.gif

you know I can ignore him with out putting him on my ignore list wink.gif

I used to wonder why on earth somebody'd get banned just for arguing against bolts. rolleyes.gif

Duh. 'Cause arguing against bolts is morally indefensible. The bolt is a beautiful thing, and should be propagated accordingly!

Also, they are inanimate, making it impossible for them to defend themselves cry.gif

Seriously, all the bitching and bickering and backstabbing and beta spewing and chestbeating and ethics wars turned me off from cragging. thumbs_down.gif The entire scene is too negative, too cliquish, too petty, and too narrow-minded. No thanks.

that's what makes it soo fun...kindergarten all over again... yellaf.gif