Alaska is Suck!

Alpinfox

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the weather suck so bad up here?

I mean, giving piggyback rides and going sailing is nice, but I came here to climb goddamnit!

madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Damn dood stop your whinning about the weather at least you are not at work on a beautiful day with a bum ankle. cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Alaska (weather) is still SUCK!

Isn't this supposed to be the land of the midnight SUN!?!??

It's not all bad though... went kayaking around the snout of the Mendenhall Glacier today. Iceburgs. Coolness.

Thank you for allow soggy American to post.

Go drinking at the Alaskan! bigdrink.gif

Hike the Mendenhall lake trail

Visit the hanging gardens

Drive out to eagle beach

do the sportclimbs at Fritz Cove Road

Play pool at the hangar

Have a good dinner at the Baranoff.

End up at the Alaskan 'til all hours thumbs_up.gif

wave.gif

"sea" any "otter"s up there? tongue.gif

We have seen some Dall and Harbor Porpoises, but no otters. I thought we otter have seen some by now. More bald eagles than you can shake a sockeye at.

Yesterday we kayaked over to the glacier and bouldered around a bit. My aluminum pons did all right on the seracs. thumbs_up.gif

Rain. Tourists. Fog. Blue-hairs. Drizzle. "Newly-weds and Nearly-deads". Clouds. Parts of Clouds. Tourons. Fog. Liquid Sunshine. Showers. Rubber boots aka "Sitka Slippers". "Marine Air".

juneau.jpg

"sea" any "otter"s up there? tongue.gif

We have seen some Dall and Harbor Porpoises, but no otters. I thought we otter have seen some by now. More bald eagles than you can shake a sockeye at.

Yesterday we kayaked over to the glacier and bouldered around a bit. My aluminum pons did all right on the seracs. thumbs_up.gif

Rain. Tourists. Fog. Blue-hairs. Drizzle. "Newly-weds and Nearly-deads". Clouds. Parts of Clouds. Tourons. Fog. Liquid Sunshine. Showers. Rubber boots aka "Sitka Slippers". "Marine Air".

juneau.jpg

Wow sounds like fun!!!! yellaf.gif

you gotta go over by gustavus to see sea otters. i lived in juneau for 3 years and got dissed by the weather gods when we tried to get out to the towers 3 times. if you are still there and looking for things to do drop me a pm and i can set you off in the right direction. cheers. oh yeah, i moved back up north cause the rain destroyed my climbing.