Offwidths and chimneys in the northwest...

RuMR

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bloody Fist .9, Teiton. Nice OW/fist, not nearly as bad as the name implies. smile.gif

Another vote for Tieton (Royal Columns, exactly): Ignorant Pursuit, 5.8+, immediately left of the Render Us Weightless Roof. Inside flaring O/W. Pro really sucks, if you can find any.

Here are some I've done that are good:

Backbone ridge

Rebel Yell

NW Corner

Clean Break

Lexington

N.Ridge Stuart

Carlos Rossi Memorial Tower

Sunshine Chimney

Hypertension

Cirque of the Uncrackables

Aries

Haven't done:

Pipeline

don't have guidebooks or my journal on me but that's off the top of my head w/o thinking too hard

speaking of talking shit about wide cracks you or i haven't done

the ultimate squamish o.w. day would be linking tall skinny people into public image...then blasting up bop till you drop, boogie till you puke and the scimitar on the walk out down the backside trail.

can echo most of layton's

would add hyperspace but that's only one (difficult!) move, then a bit of chimney

for craggin' practice, private idaho at index has both in concentration--battered sammich (.9) for good chimney, w/ two .9's on either side that harbor ow.

still NW? skaha has piled higher and steeper, a somewhat overhangin ow with features that help a bit. great sustained gruntin', bring lotsa 4-4.5 camalots or equiv.

i hear midnight at 11worth has some good'uns, but never been.

speaking of talking shit about wide cracks you or i haven't done

the ultimate squamish o.w. day would be linking tall skinny people into public image...then blasting up bop till you drop, boogie till you puke and the scimitar on the walk out down the backside trail.

what is tall skinny people and public image?

tall skinny ppl is an unrepeated 10c chimney full of loose rock, moss, running water, orcs, and lycra tearing sharp objects. its supposed to be a rreal classic and you need two #4 camalots

it leads up to public image which is the obvious wide crack at the right end of astro ledge. dean hart ended up wearing 2 different shoes for this one - a slipper for his outside foot and a taped up Fire for his inside foot. it goes at 11c and features 5.11 chimney and 5.11 offwidth. i dunno if it has ever been repeated either? its one of the mostest obvious lines in squamish after u-wall though.

tall skinny ppl is an unrepeated 10c chimney full of loose rock, moss, running water, orcs, and lycra tearing sharp objects. its supposed to be a rreal classic and you need two #4 camalots

it leads up to public image which is the obvious wide crack at the right end of astro ledge. dean hart ended up wearing 2 different shoes for this one - a slipper for his outside foot and a taped up Fire for his inside foot. it goes at 11c and features 5.11 chimney and 5.11 offwidth. i dunno if it has ever been repeated either? its one of the mostest obvious lines in squamish after u-wall though.

Dru wins for more complete info....he was busy typing it up...

shit holmes, you are a walking guide book...

There's a bit of chimney action and some offwidth stuff on alaskan highway too...