Adventure Climbing

hrothgar

What is the big deal with climbing the rotten $#:! in the Cascades? The only problem I see is the fact that a hold or two might pop and pro is so-so. But I figure it like MtNeering, DON'T FALL. There are few people and the view is better than any thing at Smith. Any one want to go? bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude,

The rotten stuff's no big deal.

It's the clawing through canyons of thorns that sucks.

It's surprising. I just moved to Oregon and I thought there would be more climbing. You're right, you kinda have to resort to adventure climbing in order to spread your wings with so few solid options.

• 3 weeks later...

Oregon is home to volcanic burps that never really solidify. To some extent they hold shape but not real well. what I don't get is the fact that the 60's and 70's saw tons of exploration and ascents on what is now frowned upon confused.gif So..... were the men of old ignorant or just better equipped with balls? shocked.gif I have a hunch we are all pussies now, in need of a more cush glamour session rather than a true who gives a madgo_ron.gif kind of climbing expirence.

Any one have loppers I know of some rocks in need of some trimming. Long approach!! hellno3d.gif