MILITARY RULES FOR NONMILITARY PERSONS

Bronco

I thought you guys might find this informative -

MILITARY RULES FOR NONMILITARY PERSONS

Dear Civilians,

We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their ass.

2) When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their ass.

3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt.)

6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'nonmilitary', inform them of their mistake --- and kick their ass.

7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper --- it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later, your ass will be kicked.

Next time Old Glory (the US flag) passes by you during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her --- of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is 'traitor.' Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your ass kicked.

10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same, regardless of our individual party affiliations. Our Chain of Command starts at the President, also regardless of political party, who is our Commander-In-Chief (for those who didn't know.) We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your ass kicked!

11) 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me --- stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!

12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me --- if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

13) 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your ass kicked.

14) Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Easter, Thanksgiving, and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.

"It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

"It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

"It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Authored by: Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC

Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your ass!

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"2) When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their ass.

3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass. "

So, what happens if you see a disabled veteran burning the flag in protest? shocked.gif

Stupid jarheads.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.

"It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

"It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Historically speaking its the LAWYER that gives us these freedoms.

Huh? Don't you mean legislator?

The soldier above is just as symbolically valid as the legislator.

Huh? Don't you mean legislator?

The soldier above is just as symbolically valid as the legislator.

These days its the legislators that take them away (e.g. PATRIOT act) and the lawyers who restore them (e.g. ACLU)

Ah, so "these days" is different than "historically speaking."

Of course, it's not the American Civil Lawyers Union, but I see your point. Legislators are comprised of just as many lawyers as the ACLU, so, in a way, lawyers both take away AND restore freedoms.

We could all do without lawyers, couldn't we? Right Matt? smile.gif

Does kicking someones ass actually prove any point?

Isn't one of the reasons, according to GWB, we are in Iraq is to liberate the people there from a government that kicks peoples asses who speak out against their government?

Also, what high horse are you on that says you can kick someones ass for burning a flag. That person might turn around and kick your ass. Just becuase they are burning a flag, smokin dope, having abortions, worshipping Budda, being gay, or kicking a hacky sack, doesn't mean they are physically wimpy. Actually, this has been realized. Thats why some conservatives joined groups like the KKK and the NRA. This way they can bully people around in groups and not get their butts kicked.

Personally, I believe that both liberals and conservatives are both wrong and right in some cases. Both sides have valid arguments, of which their is a lot of arguing. But in the meantime, the truth, whatever it is, gets shoved under the rug.

Both sides have a lot of power, and they get that power by taking extreme sides.

It is like two parents fighting.

The parents are the conservatives and the liberals, and the country is the little kid stuck in the middle of it all.

Does kicking someones ass actually prove any point?

Isn't one of the reasons, according to GWB, we are in Iraq is to liberate the people there from a government that kicks peoples asses who speak out against their government?

Also, what high horse are you on that says you can kick someones ass for burning a flag. That person might turn around and kick your ass. Just becuase they are burning a flag, smokin dope, having abortions, worshipping Budda, being gay, or kicking a hacky sack, doesn't mean they are physically wimpy. Actually, this has been realized. Thats why some conservatives joined groups like the KKK and the NRA. This way they can bully people around in groups and not get their butts kicked.

Personally, I believe that both liberals and conservatives are both wrong and right in some cases. Both sides have valid arguments, of which their is a lot of arguing. But in the meantime, the truth, whatever it is, gets shoved under the rug.

Both sides have a lot of power, and they get that power by taking extreme sides.

It is like two parents fighting.

The parents are the conservatives and the liberals, and the people are the little kid stuck in the middle of it all.

You're a little high strung aren't you? Relax.

Neither lawyers nor lawmakers give us our freedoms soldiers do! How many congressmen stormed the breaches of Normandy?? How many “lawyers” were holding the line during the battle of the Bulge? Granted there were lawyers in the military but if it were not for the brave men and women in uniform we would NOT be having this discussion. I am amazed at how quick people are to mock Bronco’s post. OK granted the kick their ass may have been a bit distasteful but the phrase in my opinion is symbolic of what you should do. There is one point I disagree w/ and that is the flag burning issue. I may not agree with doing it at this time ( out of respect for the people who served this country) but I’ll be damned if I live in country where I can’t let my disapproval of how things are being run be known.

Dr flash the statement that the military drops bombs on plenty of babies was utterly ill informed. The military in every military conflict since the civil war has put troops at risk to save the lives of civilians. Granted despite the extraordinary efforts the military goes through mistakes are made, is the Army or Air Force perfect no, but everyone thinks they should be. How do I know they do extraordinary measures, because I’ve been there in the planning process. Think about it, we fought street to street in Somalia, Baghdad, Falujia etc. We could have leveled every one of those cities and not taken one causality. But we didn’t, instead we sent troops into a MOUNT (that’s military operations under urban terrain (for you nonmilitary types)) environment and took causalities. Why? Because, as Americans soldiers we knew we had a mission to do.

Is America perfect no, do we have faults… YES… but tell me what country has more freedoms, gives more in foreign aid to others countries w/o any expectations of it being paid back. In Iran after the earthquake Americans were there helping the next day. Personally I disagree with how the prisoners were treated in Iraq and Cuba and people should fry for what happened. The Geneva convention was clearly broken and I thought America took pride in how it treated its prisoners, I have been shocked at what happened and I make no excuse for what happened either. As separated officer I would be F****N ashamed if I was any officer in the chain of command, all the way to the DIV commander, if what happened at Abu happened under my watch. Am I ranting yes but I will admit my blood boiled when I saw criticism of the military that was so profoundly false. Also I figured if I didn’t bring up these points ahead of time people would throw them out there. Bronco has many great points if you read between the lines what he is saying is Freedom isn’t free, and we should show a little gratitude to the people who provided that protection.

I ask you this how many of you have had to tell a parent their son or daughter has died, or given a flag to a grieving widow? It friggin sucks!

Neither lawyers nor lawmakers give us our freedoms soldiers do! How many congressmen stormed the breaches of Normandy?? How many “lawyers” were holding the line during the battle of the Bulge?

Um, I recall something about how the Soviet Union's soldiers fought against Germany, too. Does it follow that they were protecting those freedoms too?

Soldiers don't protect freedoms, they fight wars (or keep wars from having to be fought.) Defending a country isn't the same thing as protecting freedoms. And, to carry the point to a tedious conclusion, if the US had lost (or never entered) WW2 against Germany, it would likely have had no effect at all on our constitutional rights.

The freedoms mentioned in the initial screed are granted in the Constitution. While the framers of the Constitution might have been technically legislators, and some (or most?) might have been lawyers, they were creatures of the Enlightenment. Y'know, humanists. Some were probably even secular humanists *gasp!*

Sadly, it does appear to take a lot of lawyers in groups like the ACLU from stopping legislators (or the executive) from abridging the freedoms granted to us in the Constitution.

I share the same sentiments expressed in the original post, with the exception of the "ass-kicking", which leaves the false impression that members of the military are by nature brutes. A stern verbal reprimand is more legal and civilized, and in my opinion, very appropriate in the situations listed. (Although I would have a very tough time with the flag-burning. I might have to intervene to retrieve the flag.)

flag%20burning.jpg

Have a nice day.