Jump to content

We are homeless, but the dogs are fine


icegirl
 Share

Recommended Posts

If anyone is in need of a house sitter for a month or so, two dogs and a girl are sorta homeless, gotta get our grocery carts... As seen on the late night news, thanks to the quick work of a some superhero fire fighters, the furkids are okay (okay, under close watch for the next few days) BUT, the kitchen is toast and there will be some remodeling to be done. Luckily we do have a place to stay till things get sorted out. Cross you fingers for the mutts that their smoke inhalation resolves quickly and wtihout incident.

 

Pub club will not be at Icegirls this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was at work, apparently happened just before I got home. Always interesting to come home to a firetruck or three in front of your house. Thank God I am still renting. almost got arrested crossing the fire line to find the mutts. They were already gone to the vets by the time I arrived. Apparntly the news has great footage of them with nasal O2 being delivered. Thank God they were okay. All my crap is fine, a bit smelly, but fine, nothing but the kitchen got torched. It was a florescent light that freaked out apparently. got overheated or something, shorted, fell down, and caught the wall on fire. Pretty fucking amazing. Dogs were sleeping upstairs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update, Doggies are spending weekend at the vet, getting 'roids bronchdialators and antibiotics. House smells like a redneck campfire gone awry, now boarded up, insurance dudes coming in a day or so.

 

Things i have already learned...

 

exactly how many wash cycles it takes to get smoke smell out of clothing. (2 wash with soap, 1 rinse)

 

Alcohol, not soap gets soot off of computer and other solid items.

 

That all my buddies at cc.com totally rock, and thanks for your kind words.

 

That I like my peat and smoke in a bottle, not as a complete living environment.

 

The walls look "good" in charcoal gray.

 

That having a fire is a very very dramatic way to get a remodel started. not one I recommend.

 

I'll get around to pictures... the kitchen carnage is spectacuar, now now, no bad jokes about my kitchen...

 

Klenke, you were correct, it was a magnetic ballast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update, Doggies are spending weekend at the vet, getting 'roids bronchdialators and antibiotics. House smells like a redneck campfire gone awry, now boarded up, insurance dudes coming in a day or so.

 

Things i have already learned...

 

exactly how many wash cycles it takes to get smoke smell out of clothing. (2 wash with soap, 1 rinse)

 

Alcohol, not soap gets soot off of computer and other solid items.

 

That all my buddies at cc.com totally rock, and thanks for your kind words.

 

That I like my peat and smoke in a bottle, not as a complete living environment.

 

The walls look "good" in charcoal gray.

 

That having a fire is a very very dramatic way to get a remodel started. not one I recommend.

 

I'll get around to pictures... the kitchen carnage is spectacuar, now now, no bad jokes about my kitchen...

 

Klenke, you were correct, it was a magnetic ballast.

things I have learnd thanks to Icegirl

*turn off florecent lights before leaving house.

 

glad you and the pooches are okay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm so sorry to hear that Icegirl. and I always though fluorescent lights were nice good energy conserving type of thing! It's good to hear that everyone is going to be allright. I imagine those are going to be some happy puppies when they get to go home!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fire sucks. Our neighbor's house burned down a few years ago in one of our big wind storms...guess a generator caught fire or something. I remember checking out all the action the next day as I was home from school thanks to the same wind storm smile.gif

 

I still remember the noise of the cars exploding in the garage. pitty.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It wasn't a long article, just a brief. I've bolded the part that doesn't jive with what IG told us above. Hmmm? smile.gif

 

Source

 

Firefighters rescued two unconscious dogs from a house fire and resuscitated both with oxygen.

 

Firefighters were called to the house in the Ballard area just before 7 p.m. Thursday, spokeswoman Helen Fitzpatrick said.

 

The owner of the home went to the store and returned to find her house on fire. Inside were two boxers, Fitzpatrick said.

 

Firefighters pulled both dogs from the home and administered oxygen to revive them. They were treated by a local veterinarian and recovered, she said.

 

Fire investigators found that the cause of the fire was a kitchen light fixture. Damage was estimated at $100,000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...