Ellinor - Washington Traverse

Craggin_Rat

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I soloed this climb/traverse/descent awhile back in one day. There is nothing really technical about the traverse. As you are aware, there is essentially a "trail" up Elinor. While on top of Elinor, it is enticing to go ahead and knock of Washington while you are there. Go do it. Just use your routefinding skills in alpine terrain to make the traverse to Washington. As I mentioned, I didn't think it was particularly hard or dangerous. One point of caution, I made the mistake of trying to descend straight down off of Washington to the logging road that you can clearly see and looks sooooo close. It is doable, but lots of cliff bands, super bad brush, typical wicked Cascade cross-country stuff. I think I would have taken the extra time (probably quicker in the long run though) and go back to Elinor and back down the trail. Hope this helps you!

I have done the traverse. I didn't think it was a problem. I traversed on the east side below "A" pinnacle. I kept traversing on the east side well below the actual crest. I remember I was several hundred feet in elevation below the crest. I eventually came to the climbers path up to Washington. Look at the USGS maps closely.