Searching for Eugene OR female climbing partner

wildbillc

OK, I am in a rut, been climbing with the same old guys for years and know lots of special climbing arias but looking to share them with a someone new. I have 15+ years of climbing experience, climb 5.11, done a elcap aid route (the Zodiac in april). I Know my way around fag stone, wolf rock, the menagerie, hills creek, and yes of course the columns. Enjoy trips to Smith, Red Rocks, the Valley. Knee injury keeping me down for a bit but would love to just get out to belay or a cup of coffee.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are a bunch of us who get together wens nights, usually at the columns or the crux and climb then go have dinner, (usually 2-3 chicks and 1-2 guys) its a fun group of mid 20-30's climbers at beg-intermed. level...

drop me a PM or IM for more information or just show up around 630-7 next wens. If its raining we are indoors otherwise we meet at the columns!

I have the time and the 10 year parters/good freind to climb with, but thats kinda reclusize, my free is spent climbing in "remote arias" with the same partners. I feel the need to get out in the climbing comunity a bit more, or should I just say I would like to make some new freinds. Why a women, and yes I am a male, seems my relationship with guys I climb with is limited to climbing.

You may want to try The Crux, then. It may offend your trad leanings, but it is (like all gyms) a social environment and lends itself well to meeting new climbers, be they male or female. Plus, they have that killer juice bar there. I wish SG had one of those.

Anyway, when I lived in Yoogene, there was indeed a social aspect to climbing at the columns. Maybe try hanging out for a bit longer than just your 10 laps, and you might meet some other climbers. The invariable rule of the columns: Hang out long enough and eventually single attractive girls will appear (Usually in pairs or triples, triples are the best. Hint: offer a ride on your top-rope that you've conveniently left hanging).

The one thing I do remember about the red-haired Bill that I mentioned in my earlier post was that part of what I found so annoying about him is that his spray did seem to attract the chicas. They didn't hang around long, but they talked to him.

And, as a last resort, surely some of your male climbing buddies are married? Well, get their wives to hook you up with some of those fine UO co-ed grad students! Nothing like being the "adventurous single climbing guy" shaggin' your buddy's wife's woman friends! Hell, you don't even have to stay in climbing shape for that!

w00t! w00t!

- a s s m * n k e y

Am I thinking of the right guy? Bill used to have a giant mane of reddish hair and hang out at the columns, unbutton his shirt, puff up his chest and spray, spray, spray, spray.

fruit.gif

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y

I don't think that is me either although I've been called Wild Bill many times. Well, the puff up the chest and spray part hits fairly close to home though...hmmmm.....

Red hair? Nope, use to be kind of yellow now theres not enough left on me to really tell. Most assuredly not me......well, except for the spray part of course. yelrotflmao.gif

No insult intended. Nudy mags are great and they don't tell you to take out the garbage. And there aint nothing wrong with the occasional raunchy personal add. So what gives on Hills Creek? I'll show you my crag if you show me yours?