Abuse of the Badge

RobBob

Dammit, yet another telemarketer fundraising for law enforcement got past our receptionist. Last week it was the policemen's benevolent association, yesterday it was the sherriff's ass'n, and just now it was "the narcotics officers' association." This phone-turd used phrases like "we're just trying to keep the kids off drugs" rolleyes.gif to overcome my repeated NOs. Finally, when I asked him to put me on his Do Not Call list, he howled "but our officers are dying out there, sir!" to which I replied Yes, and they are getting paid a salary to do it. madgo_ron.gif

Law enforcement, fire-fighting, etc. should all be banned from fundraising. They are inappropriately preying on people's alternate sympathies or paranoia that maybe they might not get service if they don't "contribute."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually doubt that it was the policemans benevolant society. I have here a letter from the Wa. Firefighters Benevolant Society stating that they are not aware of a similar unit for the police. Most of these calls are for the unions of the civil servants. I would expect that the policemen do not donate to the Boilermakers, so why should we donate to their union? I will support benevolant societies, but not unions.